Week 12: Miami Dolphins (5-5) @ Indianapolis Colts (5-5)

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ IND  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Which player scores the most fantasy points during this game?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Andrew Luck
    • Frank Gore
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Marlon Mack
    • Jordan Wilkins
    • Kenny Stills
    • Devante Parker
    • Danny Amendola
    • T.Y. Hilton
    • Ryan Grant
    • Chester Rogers
    • Mike Geisicki
    • Jack Doyle
    • Eric Ebron
    • Jason Sanders
    • Adam Vinatieri
    • Dolphins DST
    • Colts DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2018 at 06:00 PM

There were more than a couple of questionable calls, and no calls, during the game. I see O-lineman lay on Wake repeatedly, but it never gets called. McMillan did cause a fumble, but look where he was when he initiated contact. He is just late to the gap constantly, and he gives up too big a cushion in coverage. A couple of weeks ago, an announcer made the comment that when the Dolphins blow up a running play, it is either a D-lineman or a S on a run blitz. That when watching tape he has only seen one big tackle behind the line by McMillan. I rarely see it. Baker and Alonso I see a lot. I have to go back and watch the replay to make sure we weren't in nickel.

Gase is the one that continually backs Tannehill so he is either fooling himself or is to scared to make a move at QB and considering his choice to bring in Cutler last year and have Brock O as the back up this year does not lead me to believe that moving from Tannehill with another Gase pick for QB will be a good move. My gut says based on past franchise history Gase and Tannehill will both be back next year and after Miami starts the season 4 and 6 or 3 and 7 Gase gets fired and Miami does the interim coach deal to finish out next season and then they start a new regime all over a year later then they should have.

17 hours ago, ericsvibe said:

There were more than a couple of questionable calls, and no calls, during the game. I see O-lineman lay on Wake repeatedly, but it never gets called. McMillan did cause a fumble, but look where he was when he initiated contact. He is just late to the gap constantly, and he gives up too big a cushion in coverage. A couple of weeks ago, an announcer made the comment that when the Dolphins blow up a running play, it is either a D-lineman or a S on a run blitz. That when watching tape he has only seen one big tackle behind the line by McMillan. I rarely see it. Baker and Alonso I see a lot. I have to go back and watch the replay to make sure we weren't in nickel.

Yeah, McMillan has been a huge disappointment.  

4 hours ago, FinSting said:

Still gotta face the very tough Bills defense twice and very tough Vikings defense. This could be a very tough end of the season. 

Yup. Bills are getting hot (relatively) at the wrong time for Miami. Vikings are no joke, Rick Spielman revenge game. Pats at home is obviously no gimme.

Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked to finish 1-4.

OL is trash, WR shelf is bare, Drake is borderline healthy, DL can't get pressure (except Wake who is a subpackage player at this point), LBs can't hit their run fits, and our stout secondary simply can't cover 5+ seconds.

22 hours ago, Dolphinmeister said:

Gase is the one that continually backs Tannehill so he is either fooling himself or is to scared to make a move at QB and considering his choice to bring in Cutler last year and have Brock O as the back up this year does not lead me to believe that moving from Tannehill with another Gase pick for QB will be a good move. My gut says based on past franchise history Gase and Tannehill will both be back next year and after Miami starts the season 4 and 6 or 3 and 7 Gase gets fired and Miami does the interim coach deal to finish out next season and then they start a new regime all over a year later then they should have.

In fairness, Gase inherited Tannehill and there were reports that the Dolphins at the time were only interested in candidates interested in working with him. So Gase never really picked Tannehill, he was stuck with him. Cutler was a desperation pick up because no one else was available that was worth a damn and he knew Gase's playbook. Osweiler, while not a great player, is a decent backup and you can't expect backups to perform at the level of starters. For a backup, I think he did okay, and you aren't going to get much better out of a backup for a stretch of games like that.

Gase never really did to get to "choose" a QB in Miami. Considering that, is it really overdue to fire him? He's been able to get the team to overperform based on their talent level (some of you guys think we are far more talented of a roster than we actually are IMO). I'd really like the team to let Gase pick a QB in next year's draft to groom. Give Gase a chance with a guy of his choosing.

Moreover, Tannehill really hasn't played that poorly when healthy. In fact, he's been pretty damn solid. QB isn't even in the top 5 among positions of need; as with the last few years, we've failed to adequately address the interior OL, LBs, and even the DL. The injury bug hit us hard this season, too... we're trotting out some 3rd team receivers with a patchwork line. Tannehill may not be a franchise QB, but he's far from the problem with this team. I'm not sure throwing a rookie into this dumpster fire like the Jets and Bills did this season is very wise.

I think 2019 is Gase's final year to prove it (with a reasonably healthy team), which is why we won't be choosing a QB early. He probably won't be better in Year One than Tannehill.

If players heal up and stay healthy, we have a good draft, and make a couple smart FA signings, I don't see why we can't  be 10-6 net season. I'd like to see Miami sign ILB Denzel Perryman. He should be reasonably priced if LAC chooses to move on. 

2 hours ago, freak_of_nature said:

I think 2019 is Gase's final year to prove it (with a reasonably healthy team), which is why we won't be choosing a QB early. He probably won't be better in Year One than Tannehill.

If players heal up and stay healthy, we have a good draft, and make a couple smart FA signings, I don't see why we can't  be 10-6 net season. I'd like to see Miami sign ILB Denzel Perryman. He should be reasonably priced if LAC chooses to move on. 

Man I wanted Denzel Perryman in that draft but the Chargers sniped us. Just like I wanted Keenan Allen in that draft and the Chargers sniped us. **** the Chargers.

15 hours ago, cddolphin said:

Yup. Bills are getting hot (relatively) at the wrong time for Miami. Vikings are no joke, Rick Spielman revenge game. Pats at home is obviously no gimme.

Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked to finish 1-4.

Well it's not like ALL FIVE of the teams remaining on Miami's schedule are 2017 playoff teams. Because that would suck lol

Archived