Week 12: Miami Dolphins (5-5) @ Indianapolis Colts (5-5)

TheKillerNacho

MIA @ IND  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Miami Dolphins
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Tie
  2. 2. How close will the game be?

• 3 or less point difference
    • 4-7 point difference
    • 8-14 point difference
    • 15 or greater point difference
  3. 3. Which player scores the most fantasy points during this game?

• Ryan Tannehill
    • Andrew Luck
    • Frank Gore
    • Kenyan Drake
    • Marlon Mack
    • Jordan Wilkins
    • Kenny Stills
    • Devante Parker
    • Danny Amendola
    • T.Y. Hilton
    • Ryan Grant
    • Chester Rogers
    • Mike Geisicki
    • Jack Doyle
    • Eric Ebron
    • Jason Sanders
    • Adam Vinatieri
    • Dolphins DST
    • Colts DST
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/28/2018 at 06:00 PM

10 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Well Aaron Jones and Kerryon Johnson are electric, playmaking backs. Nothing the Colts have at RB compare to those two.

Johnson....lots of low-yardage games. But against Miami...145 yards rushing. (following game, he had 22 yards rushing)

Jones...lots of low-yardage games. But against Miami...158 yards rushing. (following game, he had 40 yards rushing)

10 hours ago, FinSting said:

Johnson....lots of low-yardage games. But against Miami...145 yards rushing. (following game, he had 22 yards rushing)

Jones...lots of low-yardage games. But against Miami...158 yards rushing. (following game, he had 40 yards rushing)

Neither back is given a ton of carries, though. Both backs were averaging over 5.5 YPC coming into the Miami game.

We are getting burned by "home run hitter" backs this season. We have been able to contain plodders for the most part.

It’s the NFL.  Spreads mean nothing. 

Bills 17 point underdogs pummeled Vikings on the road.  No explanation. 

Pats gets killed by Tenn.  The next week, Tenn gets killed by Indy.  Does that mean Indy would beat Pats by 40?  No.

All about matchups. Minkah and Reshad need to keep Ebron in check.  Kiko and TJ need to help with the run. X needs to be the shutdown guy we all know he can be with TY.  That’s how Miami stays in the game.  

The most troubling part of 2018 is not the injuries... it’s how awful the pass rush has been.  This was supposed to be a strength.  Harris is a BUST so far.

Of all the off season moves that sent high priced players packing all of which I agreed with, losing Suh probably hurt the most and especially in the run defense. Bottom line though if Miami's offense was more productive and could get a lead in the game the defense would be more rested in the second half and the other team would have to be throwing the ball more to play catch up instead of just pounding the ball to protect a lead and eat up clock.

On 11/22/2018 at 6:51 PM, Dolphinmeister said:

Of all the off season moves that sent high priced players packing all of which I agreed with, losing Suh probably hurt the most and especially in the run defense. Bottom line though if Miami's offense was more productive and could get a lead in the game the defense would be more rested in the second half and the other team would have to be throwing the ball more to play catch up instead of just pounding the ball to protect a lead and eat up clock.

That's the thing though about our run defense. It's so bad that teams have been doing it early in the game to take the lead. Aaron Jones and Kerryon Johnson weren't feasting on us when we were down. They were doing it right from the 1st quarter lol

That last possession I feel is everything you need to know about Gase as a play caller. If he's back next year it should be on a contingency that someone else calls plays. We finally scored on an opening drive, but the fact that we went THIS long without a score on an opening drive is ridiculous. Scoring on an opening drive today doesn't excuse the dismal play calling in opening drives all year. 

Then in the 4th qtr with the game on the line. We go rocket screen and on 3rd and long we go draw. We finally have our QB back and Gase says to RT "I'm going to take the ball out of your hands, and give it to our RB on third and long." I cannot for the life of me understand that final possession. That was the difference. When push came to shove, play calling was the difference. And that's all Gase does is call plays. Very disappointing to lose that way. 

Once the Colts figured what 3 plays Miami was running today the pretty much shut us down like every other team does. The lucky TD to Carroo at the half the missed field goal by the Colts a blocked punt 2 INT,s and a recovered fumble and still cannot win the game because this offense stinks and there is no one to blame but Gase.

There are plenty of places to lay blame besides Gase. I heard the name of the Colts MLB called all game, he made play after impact play. I NEVER ONCE heard McMillans name called. Baker and Alonso both made some key plays. We have nothing at MLB, and it is one of the main reason teams are running all over us. And the complaints about the screens don't hold any water either, because I saw the Colts gash us multiple times using screens to the RB's and WR's. The difference was the Colts have some competent players on defense, and they stepped up and made the stops, the Dolphins don't. At least I get the treat of watching a REAL franchise QB embarrass our defense for another week. When you have a REAL franchise QB and the play breaks down, that is an advantage, because they can turn that confusion into a big gain. How many times did Luck do that in this game, at least 4 or 5. When the play breaks down with Tannehill, he either throws an interception, overthrows the WR, or holds the ball too long and gets sacked. On one throw away, Tannehill had Butler WIDE OPEN on that side of the field, but Tannehill had already panicked and heaved the ball out of bounds. The next play was a punt. If I can see the WR wide open on TV, I know the Tannehill can. The fact of the matter is that Tannehill was afraid of making a mistake so he took the easy way out. Guess what, elite QB's aren't afraid of throwing an interception, because they know that the very next possession they are going to score. They dare the defense to stop them. Tannehill has never had that killer instinct, and he never will. We are going to be 8-8 at the end of this season. We will miss the playoffs, and Gase already has his excuse built in. If he doesn't demand a better QB than Tannehill, we will stay an 8 win team forever.

It's a day later and I still can't get over that on two separate occasions, the refs called a defensive foul on 3rd down to gift the Colts a new set of downs, and CBS literally never showed the replay. One call was a defensive hold on Minkah, automatic first down. No replay shown. It's really infuriating.

Not only that, but remember the big conversion by Luck towards the end of the game to set up the winning FG? Watch the LT block Branch:

What does Miami need to do to get some holding calls? Who needs to go down on who? Can I volunteer? How many games would it be good for?

39 minutes ago, ericsvibe said:

There are plenty of places to lay blame besides Gase. I heard the name of the Colts MLB called all game, he made play after impact play. I NEVER ONCE heard McMillans name called. Baker and Alonso both made some key plays. We have nothing at MLB, and it is one of the main reason teams are running all over us. And the complaints about the screens don't hold any water either, because I saw the Colts gash us multiple times using screens to the RB's and WR's. The difference was the Colts have some competent players on defense, and they stepped up and made the stops, the Dolphins don't. At least I get the treat of watching a REAL franchise QB embarrass our defense for another week. When you have a REAL franchise QB and the play breaks down, that is an advantage, because they can turn that confusion into a big gain. How many times did Luck do that in this game, at least 4 or 5. When the play breaks down with Tannehill, he either throws an interception, overthrows the WR, or holds the ball too long and gets sacked. On one throw away, Tannehill had Butler WIDE OPEN on that side of the field, but Tannehill had already panicked and heaved the ball out of bounds. The next play was a punt. If I can see the WR wide open on TV, I know the Tannehill can. The fact of the matter is that Tannehill was afraid of making a mistake so he took the easy way out. Guess what, elite QB's aren't afraid of throwing an interception, because they know that the very next possession they are going to score. They dare the defense to stop them. Tannehill has never had that killer instinct, and he never will. We are going to be 8-8 at the end of this season. We will miss the playoffs, and Gase already has his excuse built in. If he doesn't demand a better QB than Tannehill, we will stay an 8 win team forever.

Didnt McMillan force the fumble of Jordan Wilkins that was eventually recovered by McDonald?

4 hours ago, cddolphin said:

It's a day later and I still can't get over that on two separate occasions, the refs called a defensive foul on 3rd down to gift the Colts a new set of downs, and CBS literally never showed the replay. One call was a defensive hold on Minkah, automatic first down. No replay shown. It's really infuriating.

Not only that, but remember the big conversion by Luck towards the end of the game to set up the winning FG? Watch the LT block Branch:

What does Miami need to do to get some holding calls? Who needs to go down on who? Can I volunteer? How many games would it be good for?

Holy crap, good eye. That's bad, considering it was Play of the Game. 

Archived