How good is Jared Goff?

jrry32

Just now, Broncofan said:

People please watch the All-22 Madden view before saying he’s a product of the system.   At least 4-5x a game he shows amazing anticipation and placement.   It’s nuts.  

He can be rattled with sustained pressure,  that’s how you beat him.  But that’s also true of guys like Brady.   He has functional mobility to extend plays in the pocket but he doesn’t create magic like Mahomes or ARod or Wilson can.   But he also shows anticipation and placement few others can match.  

I’d put him somewhere in the 4-6 range.  Definitely don’t see him as a system byproduct.   

His anticipation is insane for being so young. He's only going to get better which is terrifying. 

Funny before last night everyone was hyping up the Chiefs D, showing how they improved lol.

Now they suck after getting lit the efff up. The rams narrative season in a nut shell lol. 

14 minutes ago, El ramster said:

What the hell Jrry.. Only crappy teams pimp out their players on a thread. Who are we the Browns?

Come on man. Let them talk. The gods don't like those who make threads, They look down upon us. 

Yea, usually you pimp out your players in random threads someone else makes.

3rd best QB this season. 

In terms of his ranking overall, depends on how much you factor in longevity. Top 10 definitely, where you go from there is personal preference. Wentz probably featured on a lot of Top 10 lists earlier this year and wouldn't now.

Him, Wentz and Mahomes are the hot new things. With Deshaun Watson a long way off them, but I feel too often people will be quick to dismiss the likes of Luck and Wilson, who are both only 29, easily arguably as Top 10 QB's and some in this forum are really down on Matt Ryan despite the number he puts up.  [22 TD-4 INT, 3306 Yds on 8.5 YPA this year]

I'm taking Goff over the likes of Big Ben, Cam and Rivers though, even if I just needed a QB for a single game. Call me a prisoner of the moment. I don't care. 

It was only a year ago people were saying "no doubt in my mind that Watson, Garoppolo and Wentz are the next generation of first ballot hall of fame QBs", now it's Goff and Mahomes. I'd prefer to leave aside hyperbole and hot-takes and sensationalism.

That said, Goff is deadly accurate, he's smart, and is technically excellent all round. A lot of it is coaching, but it's also a lot of both: skilled QBacking with smart scheming. He does have a well functioning OL and run game, which has usually knocked marks away from QBs in rankings.

This season: 2nd

Overall: 7-10.

2 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

Damn good QB. He obviously can be rattled by pressure and I have my doubts if he would perform really well with a below average Oline or without McVay.

I have Mahomes and Wentz over him for sure but still real good QB.

The same Wentz that got rattled by pressure lol? Everything you’re thinking about Goff is happening to Wentz. 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He's very good, but I do think McVay makes him look better than he is. But regardless, he's very comfortable in McVay's scheme and he's maximizing his potential and talent, which can't be understated.

Exactly this. He's the perfect example of how great a QB can be when matched with a great coach. They'd probably be good with without each other, but together they are amazing.

He's definitely a top ten QB on talent alone and could be top 5 further down the line... It'll be interesting to see if he can carry the team without so many offensive weapons, but I guess we'll know further down his career.  He's fun to watch and is likable. 

43 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Negative. Don't do that at all.. I just talk it like i walk it :D 

JLo you'll get yours this Thursday. 

I almost hope we do, so this MVP talk can go away and we can focus on the important stuff, like whooping the Rams again.

1 hour ago, Dome said:

I’m not as high on Goff as others. He’s in tier 2 behind Brees, Mahome, and prime Rodgers/Brady if we see them again this year. If not he has the chance to move up the ranking this year.

I’ve only seen 3-4 Rams games this year fwiw though 

you're putting Mahomes ahead of Goff? No.. I don't care about his season this year, I need to see it again before he's crowned. He had 5 turnovers last night... FIVE and like 17 on the year

Archived