How good is Jared Goff?

jrry32

11 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Frankly I don't care one way or the other, I was just pointing the hypocrisy in that silly post trying to call me out. I'm going to keep posting the way I post. If you don't like it and feel I'm making this about you/fans, there's an ignore button, If not, you can see I'm discussing players not fans..

Well, we all expected that response. Lets be honest... it's low hanging fruit in terms of responses. And you certainly arent reinventing the wheel here. I cant help but to "make it personal" when I point out that you, personally, are making things personal.

It's like when an adult tells a kid he complains too much and the kid inevitably responds with, "Well arent you complaining about my complaining?"

The difference is I am going to you, personally, to tell you that you should modify your behavior. You are trashing pretty much the whole Rams fan base here on the boards.

And I shouldn't have to put you on ignore. You should just follow the guidelines that webby has set up. That way your threads wont get locked and you wont get called out by other posters.

9 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

Nope we all know how bad Jared is. We've read it in now 19 GDT how he's bad how it's easy to beat him and the Rams and if the opposing team takes away Gurley it's an easy win. We're resigned to this we've been told the same thing all year.

Sarcasm aside, I think it feeds into the ridiculousness of the comparison though by making it worse. Clearly Goff has made huge strides from his rookie year and had a great season. I think he obviously has to keep doing that and already has a Super Bowl Appearance which is far more than most young QBs can say. I mean the last young QB I can remember to make the Super Bowl was Russell Wilson and he had a great defense on this side. 

Current Brady these days is who he is, I don't really think it's an apples to apples comparison anyway though considering he's definitely what young or even prime Brady used to be (albeit one year removed from an MVP). I think a better comparison to Goff is probably actually Russell Wilson. Wilson's just much more mobile while Goff is more of a pocket passer but I think in terms of skill both are definitely up there.

When you give a QB some weapons and an OL, it's funny how much they can show you how great they are. I'm still surprised how much teams will give up their picks to move up to draft a QB and then don't have an OL and thus further ruining the development of a young QB. That's something you can't really take back once either. Dak comes into the league with a great OL and has Elliott and a lot of his shortcomings are masked because of that. Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen come into the league without OLs and weapons and they look like bottom tier QBs. A lot of people should take a page out of what the Rams have done to surround Goff with what he has at young age. Hell even Andrew Luck early on in his career didn't have the luxury of having a great OL and we've seen what happened to that shoulder.

6 minutes ago, Non-Issue said:

Well, we all expected that response. Lets be honest... it's low hanging fruit in terms of responses. And you certainly arent reinventing the wheel here. I cant help but to "make it personal" when I point out that you, personally, are making things personal.

Naw it's not "we" it's you expected that response. It wasn't supposed to reinvent the wheel it was to highlight how silly that post was, which it did.

It's like when an adult tells a kid he complains too much and the kid inevitably responds with, "Well arent you complaining about my complaining?"

Or it's like you're oddly trying to post as if you are in an authoritative position directing me how to post. Strange.

The difference is I am going to you, personally, to tell you that you should modify your behavior. You are trashing pretty much the whole Rams fan base here on the boards.

I'm sorry you feel that way?

And I shouldn't have to put you on ignore. You should just follow the guidelines that webby has set up. That way your threads wont get locked and you wont get called out by other posters.

I have followed them, been on here over 10 years 1st time I've had a warning, so I'm pretty content with my posting. Maybe stay in your lane though?

41 minutes ago, Tex said:

Sarcasm aside, I think it feeds into the ridiculousness of the comparison though by making it worse. Clearly Goff has made huge strides from his rookie year and had a great season. I think he obviously has to keep doing that and already has a Super Bowl Appearance which is far more than most young QBs can say. I mean the last young QB I can remember to make the Super Bowl was Russell Wilson and he had a great defense on this side. 

Current Brady these days is who he is, I don't really think it's an apples to apples comparison anyway though considering he's definitely what young or even prime Brady used to be (albeit one year removed from an MVP). I think a better comparison to Goff is probably actually Russell Wilson. Wilson's just much more mobile while Goff is more of a pocket passer but I think in terms of skill both are definitely up there.

When you give a QB some weapons and an OL, it's funny how much they can show you how great they are. I'm still surprised how much teams will give up their picks to move up to draft a QB and then don't have an OL and thus further ruining the development of a young QB. That's something you can't really take back once either. Dak comes into the league with a great OL and has Elliott and a lot of his shortcomings are masked because of that. Sam Darnold and Josh Rosen come into the league without OLs and weapons and they look like bottom tier QBs. A lot of people should take a page out of what the Rams have done to surround Goff with what he has at young age. Hell even Andrew Luck early on in his career didn't have the luxury of having a great OL and we've seen what happened to that shoulder.

Very limited sarcasm in my post. Go back if you would like and read what our opponents say every week. I don't have to dig them up you can find variations of the same thing. Take Gurley away and Goff will crumble. Goff can't make the throws. You pressure Goff he folds. I would be shocked if before any game this year a single team aside from one or two people gave Jared an ounce of credit. It's either Jared is carried by his surrounding cast or he's carried by McVay. Rams fans have seen it all year. 

37 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Very limited sarcasm in my post. Go back if you would like and read what our opponents say every week. I don't have to dig them up you can find variations of the same thing. Take Gurley away and Goff will crumble. Goff can't make the throws. You pressure Goff he folds. I would be shocked if before any game this year a single team aside from one or two people gave Jared an ounce of credit. It's either Jared is carried by his surrounding cast or he's carried by McVay. Rams fans have seen it all year. 

That may be. I mean credit is earned over time. The same people saying that now will be crediting him a couple of years from now. This is how it goes for all young players entering the league. It takes several years before people really want to pony up. I mean ironically Brady was treated the same way. I can remember Russell Wilson being dragged through the mud because he had Lynch and an all-time great defense. Now without Lynch and that defense, people actually see how valuable and great Wilson is. I think for Goff (with or without a Super Bowl) it'll be the same way. 

It's almost natural for other teams' fans to do this and for the fans of the player's team to defend. I feel like it happens more with QBs that have success early more than anything else because of how other young QBs may not have what the successful ones do. The respect factor is earned most when you see a player facing adversity and still comes through (and that's kinda what you've seen with Wilson the last couple of years as opposed to his first few years). Dak will have that same effect (albeit IMO not as good as these guys being mentioned). Andrew Luck has earned more respect in the last 3 years than he did his first 3/4. It's all just a natural cycle and it's really no different for Goff. 

I'm actually kinda treating Watson the same way. Way too many people have hyped up the kid (and maybe rightfully so due to his stats thus far) but I think when you can show me what you're able to do with the least, it's much easier to earn my respect. Watson will eventually be put in that position (the Texans are going nowhere really). Just give it a couple of more years.

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

Naw it's not "we" it's you expected that response. It wasn't supposed to reinvent the wheel it was to highlight how silly that post was, which it did.

Naw, it's "we." Because most people on here see your responses coming a mile away. You are, if anything, predictable.

And you will have to pardon me for laughing off your "pot calling the kettle black" type criticism of my post. 

Or it's like you're oddly trying to post as if you are in an authoritative position directing me how to post. Strange.

I'm sorry you feel that way. But it's not that I think I am any sort of authority over you. I just think you need the friendly advice.

I have followed them, been on here over 10 years 1st time I've had a warning, so I'm pretty content with my posting. 

You clearly havent followed them if your own thread got locked and you have been warned. See... the problem isnt whether or not you are content with your posting. The problem is whether or not everyone else is content with your posting. Particularly the ones in an "authoritative position" over you. Because when they aren't, you get your threads locked and warnings from the admins. 

Maybe stay in your lane though?

Maybe leave fanbases out of it though?

2 hours ago, Non-Issue said:

Naw, it's "we." Because most people on here see your responses coming a mile away. You are, if anything, predictable.

Naw, it's not. You're gonna have to do better than that. This is just cringeworthy.

And you will have to pardon me for laughing off your "pot calling the kettle black" type criticism of my post. 

You're excused, it's still a lame post.

I'm sorry you feel that way. But it's not that I think I am any sort of authority over you. I just think you need the friendly advice.

I think you need to keep your "friendly advice" to yourself there champ.

You clearly havent followed them if your own thread got locked and you have been warned. See... the problem isnt whether or not you are content with your posting. The problem is whether or not everyone else is content with your posting. Particularly the ones in an "authoritative position" over you. Because when they aren't, you get your threads locked and warnings from the admins. 

Lol you keep using plural terminology. One thread got locked. Who cares? I'll gladly take 1 thread lock/1 warning on an average of once every decade (plus), but to each their own.

Maybe leave fanbases out of it though?

3Rxr.gif

8 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Naw, it's not. You're gonna have to do better than that. This is just cringeworthy.

Using a term like "cringeworthy" is pretty cringeworthy. Do better.

You're excused, it's still a lame post.

A lame post in response to 3 or 4 threads worth of lame posts? Gotcha.

I think you need to keep your "friendly advice" to yourself there champ.

I think you need to keep your opinions about other fan bases to yourself there big guy.

Lol you keep using plural terminology. One thread got locked. Who cares? I'll gladly take 1 thread lock/1 warning on an average of once every decade (plus), but to each their own.

LoL, you keep going with the confirmation bias. You didn't even notice the first sentence where I used singular terminology in your specific case. Again... do better.

3Rxr.gif

https://i.giphy.com/media/H2wTf4bVBEkgw/giphy.mp4

Archived