POST - Turkey week - NFL notes / Dallas offensive output

WizardHawk

38 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Before QC he was Tom Brady/Steve Young. They're just tilting the scales back I'm sure.

TBF I still think he plays the game like Brady. Just at a much lower level. Both are risk averse and will take the short open guy all day long. Brady is the GOAT at it though and Dak is playing like a JAG. 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Disagree. Weve gone down 10 plenty of times, we continue to do our thing. Sometimes we fight back, sometimes we dont. 

Well, we play NO in a week from Thursday. IMHO, NO is the best team in the NFL.  That game will go a long way to telling us if we are contenders or pretenders.

49 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Well, we play NO in a week from Thursday. IMHO, NO is the best team in the NFL.  That game will go a long way to telling us if we are contenders or pretenders.

Oh were going to lose. But I am going to get plenty of material to talk trash to eagles fans about. Dak and the Cowboys are going to way out perform that poop show Wentz and the Eagles put up. 

10 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

If it hasnt been apparent:

If we beat them they suck.

If they beat us, they suck and we suck even worse. 

Or you know none of those teams are even .500

The only win that is impressive was last weeks. All the other wins have come against teams that have either been complete embarrassments this year or completely collapsing within themselves.

Giants have been an absolute joke. Detroit has been about as jekyl and hyde as Dallas but are a sub .500 team. The jags have imploded upon themselves. The same goes for the eagles. Falcons are a sub .500 team as well but at least they have looked semi decent doing it. 

Between the 5 losses are to teams that are .500 or above at this point in the season. I’d wager that of that group all but the Titans will still be above .500 at the end of the season. Dallas just can’t seem to beat teams who are good THIS season.

Whatever happened the prior seasons doesn’t matter for this year. Teams change. Lose players. Lose coaches. They become different. We’ve seen how coaching changes have affected both the eagles and falcons. They lost key offensive minds and it has taken them awhile (the falcons) to adjust. Eagles are still lost without Reich. 

Luckily for Dallas outside of the Skins (who just lost their starting QB), they only have two teams above .500 left to play which means they can make playoffs. Who knows maybe they can catch fire in a bottle. We’ve seen Eli and the Giants do it. But honestly this team has a while to go to be considered a SB contender. And the worst thing that can happen for them is a playoff spot. It means more years for JG. Probably a decent contract for Dak. And then years and years of mediocrity ahead of that.

15 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Bs. 

We abandon the run first sign of trouble. It's been proven time and time again. Atl left us nearly 2 minutes and 3 timeouts to get a field goal and we came out guns blazing like we had 20 seconds and no TOs.

And got the game winning FG leaving ZERO  seconds in with with Zeke running the ball the last three plays before the kick 

I hate play calling a lot of times and JG is one of the worst game day coaches there is.  But play calling and execution was not an issue that last winning drive.  And can’t really complain about not getting Zeke the ball enough for that game 

And one thing to add.    I HAVE seen practically ZERO posts sense mid early LAST season saying Dak is anything but a mid level QB at best and that was a long time ago this year very very few even saying that high.    TO BE frank I try not to get too upset about it but DAK performs anywhere from  no 13 to no 20 QB this year from game to game AND comparing him to Quincy just ......   sigh. Don’t want to be banned here

On any given Sunday we can beat anyone. But to be fair we are a top 4 NFC team. I say 4 as I have not watched Chicago so behind them.  All the other teams in the league other then LA NO I’ve watched and we should beat if we play like we have in the wins.  

PS I know I saw a holding call against ATL on a running play but think our streak is alive still ZERO holding calls in passing plays sense week one against our opponent.  

I also never understand the mind set as a die hard Dallas fan that people have for us our players to FAIL just so they can be gone.   I ALWAYS want a COWBOY to lay their best and will look back at their majority top performances and use that a base line not their career best day or their career worst day

andnwhile I’m ranting of course Jerry is being Jerry I rarely waste any time thought into his comments       

But he has a point about pace of play and if our OL was playing at its peak with Fredrick back  then things would be different     Just remember we had two 12 to 14 play drives against ATL.  You get those kind of drives together and your opponent is not getting 50 unless you also turn the ball over ...     just saying...

would we win.::::   If both teams play well.  NO...    though to be fair better shot against LA then KC unless we get a bunch of TO like the Rams did. 

12 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Your kidding right.   YOU never can count a single game to mean anything anything AT all.   Titans demolish NE - contender.  Next week Titans demolished by Indy oops pretender 

you take the whole body.  Right now we are a pretender in the run for the superbowl period. And I am more worried about us showing up against Wash 

Archived