Sign in to follow this  
SoS

Seahawks lose LT George Fant to torn ACL

SoS    9

Seahawks left tackle George Fant suffered a torn ACL in his right knee in Friday night’s preseason game against Minnesota and is likely done for the season.

Seattle coach Pete Carroll said after the 20-13 victory that Fant has a significant injury that will require surgery.

“It’s heartbreaking. It’s so unfortunate for George,” Carroll said. “There are other things that follow that but my first thoughts are for George.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/seahawks-lt-george-fant-taken-off-on-cart-with-knee-injury/2017/08/18/06126c08-848d-11e7-9e7a-20fa8d7a0db6_story.html?utm_term=.a0d9fc4c2a46

SoS    9

I hate to overstate this injury, but it's honestly devastating for a player who put on 20lbs over the offseason and was looking incredibly polished in his limited preseason snaps. I was talking about him quietly being one of the most important players on this offense just moments before he was rolled up on :(

Rees Odhiambo was the first man up in his absence, and I'm hoping the team continues to try him there. That's where he played at Boise State and he was rock solid. We also have Luke Joekel at LG, and I would expect him to get snaps at LT before Pocic.

showtime    55
1 hour ago, SoS said:

I hate to overstate this injury, but it's honestly devastating for a player who put on 20lbs over the offseason and was looking incredibly polished in his limited preseason snaps. I was talking about him quietly being one of the most important players on this offense just moments before he was rolled up on :(

Rees Odhiambo was the first man up in his absence, and I'm hoping the team continues to try him there. That's where he played at Boise State and he was rock solid. We also have Luke Joekel at LG, and I would expect him to get snaps at LT before Pocic.

Well said.  Losing Fant is such a big blow to the Seahawks.  Hopefully Odhiambo and company can pick up the slack.

Tatupu_64    2

It really sucks to lose Fant. I know we were all excited about his progress this offseason. We're in a bit of an awkward spot with him going forward now too as you don't really know what he truly has to offer