LOB/Orange Crush vs KC/LAR

Elky

LOB for sure loses out, IMO. McVay and Reid are too good at scheming to not be able to beat a defense that pretty much just lines up and does their thing. You knew what the LOB was going to run schematically, they were just good at it. Reid and McVay are too good to not beat that. And Reid's offenses have excelled consistently against Gus Bradley's defenses in LAC which run a similar scheme. I think Payton would probably succeed in that match up too with the talent they currently have, if we wanted to throw in New Orleans. The Seahawks got the best of the Saints back in 2013, but that wasn't the same level Saints offense.

This years Denvers defense is a shell of that 2015 one and they've held the kc offense under their season averages and the rams. Even though their offense's have averaged over 35 a game against denvers d in the 3 total meetings they averaged 26.6. So well below their average. 

That 2015 d could also get great pressure with 4 which is huge.

I think the LOB doesn't fare very well against either. As said earlier, they really just relied on the pure talent of that secondary and entire defense and did their thing. McVay and Reid would easily be able to scheme for them.

I think the Broncos defense gives the Chiefs offense nightmares. Not only was it insanely talented, but Wade Phillips is one of the best DC's of our time. The Chiefs O-line isn't great either and I have to imagine that Mahomes would be under relentless pressure all day with Miller/Ware/Wolfe coming after him. Not to mention that the Broncos are one of the few secondaries who could actually cover the likes of Hill/Kelce. Malik Jackson and Miller/Ware would also be able to cut off Hunt from both up the middle and from the edges. Iue. I do think that Gurley is kept in check by the Broncos front 7, but that the O-line is also able to somewhat contain Miller/Ware/Wolfe. Broncos secondary would also be able to match up well against Cooks/Woods/Cupp with Talib/Harris/Ward/Stuart. I still think the Saints would have some success against them though.

Ultimately any offense that was going to do well against that Broncos defense needed to have an elite O-line. Look at how the Patriots and Panthers offenses that year did against them with not good o-lines - both Brady and Newton got massacred.

Archived