Week 11 @ NYJ: The Empire Strikes Back

Elky

So we got our butts whooped by TEN a couple of weeks ago, so we got to spend the entire week hearing the media write us off and completely forgetting about us in favor of PIT and KC (which is funny because we're only half a game behind the media darling KC tat we beat). The media is also going through the annual entourage of claiming Brady has finally fell off the cliff because he's tossed just one touchdown in three weeks, while forgetting the fact that Gronk will be making his long-awaited return. I think a road trip against the hated NYJ would be a nice way to vent frustrations and blow off steam.

I'm feeling pretty okay about this one. Darnold is supposedly out of the picture, which could be good or bad for us depending on how you want to spin it. 

My model for projecting games says this about this one:

Favorite: New England (67.6%)

Projected Score: New England 28-20 New York Jets

Projected Stats: Tom Brady - 70% completions, 273 yards passing, 2 TDs - Sony Michel - 68 yards rushing, 1 TD - James White - 7 receptions, 62 yards receiving, 1 TD, 28 yards rushing

Hopefully I'm right (or a little more of a blowout win could be nice). 

Image result for brady thanksgiving

They always play us hard, especially in NJ. I don't expect a big statement victory, and will be happy with a narrow win with no injuries.

I don't think the fact that BUF smacked them around has any bearing on this game - how often have we seen seemingly bad teams play us well? 

Control their run game, force McCown (or Darnold) to play / establish the run and GET GRONK involved. Need to rediscover rhythm and get Brady carving up (no pun intended)

I'd rather face Darnold than McCown. Didn't J-Mac throw 400 on us last season? Darnold is a turnover machine as well, which would be a good look for our D. 

Either way, I stand by taking their running game away. Crowell is about the only efficient player on their O currently (Enunwa not in form).

Agree on playing Darnold instead of McCown. McCown dominated last year. Patriots always seem to make subpar QBs look great tho. 

I think this game is going to be close. Jets D is actually pretty good, last game was an aberration. Ultimately, I think the Pats pull away.  

2 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

Very few things I'm less comfortable watching than the Pat's Defense on 3rd and long. 

They played both well. Kearse had to make a tough catch as Mckown was uncomfortable stepping up. Coverage was solid on the second during a blitz that forced Josh to get rid of it more quickly than he wanted to on a deep ball play. 

Archived