Week 12: Jacksonville Jaguars (3-7) @ Buffalo Bills (3-7) - Status Quo

Adrenaline_Flux

19 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

No, there's no excuse. They also fired the OC. They are clearly trying to reset this offense. I'd still be very shocked if he wasn't starting next season.

You go keep harping on that pre-season game as a benching. 

I believe Boselli even commented that he thinks Blake sees the field again this year. I wouldn't go that far, but clearly hes got the vibe that this isn't the end of Blake.

I would have loved to have seen Kessler earlier on, but he's not exactly given the best scenario to work with.

No LT, LG, C...and no Fournette.

Lageman said the exact opposite as Boselli, saying without hesitation his time here is over. Marrone even said that the plan is barring injury or atrocious play from Kessler where there's no other option he expects him to start the rest of the way.

There's zero chance Bortles is starting next year imo, and I'm not sure how anyone could ever think different with what occurred yesterday.

19 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

Taven might have played his best game yet. Nothing special, but at least he didn't look lost out there.

Yeah, he wasn't amazing but I saw him a couple times and this play was good to see. DL don't always translate right away, and we all knew he was raw, but on top of all of that we also put him at a position that he had never played before nor knew how to play (said as much back in the pre-draft process), so to expect much at all from him thus far is a bit harsh.

Hope he works out either way.

27 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Lageman said the exact opposite as Boselli, saying without hesitation his time here is over. Marrone even said that the plan is barring injury or atrocious play from Kessler where there's no other option he expects him to start the rest of the way.

There's zero chance Bortles is starting next year imo, and I'm not sure how anyone could ever think different with what occurred yesterday.

logic and facts, you say?

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Yeah, he wasn't amazing but I saw him a couple times and this play was good to see. DL don't always translate right away, and we all knew he was raw, but on top of all of that we also put him at a position that he had never played before nor knew how to play (said as much back in the pre-draft process), so to expect much at all from him thus far is a bit harsh.

Hope he works out either way.

I don't think you can automatically bar injury, or atrocious play from Kessler though.  Especially not throwing him in the first game with no OLine, no Fournette, no great weapons, a brand new OC (errr "play caller" apparently?)...with a QB who isn't exactly that good in the first place.

So i'd say there's certainly a chance Bortles is back before the end of the season.

He's gotta be gone at the end of the year though, either way.

Archived