my quick, simple, early off season

LoganF89

Also, in-season trades are tough in any sport, as you don't often know how a player's personality will mesh in your locker room.  It's even more difficult in football, where you have huge playbooks and every team runs things differently.  While techniques and such are similar, there is still a lot to digest in a short period of time.  Adding a safety was always a risk.  

13 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Also, in-season trades are tough in any sport, as you don't often know how a player's personality will mesh in your locker room.  It's even more difficult in football, where you have huge playbooks and every team runs things differently.  While techniques and such are similar, there is still a lot to digest in a short period of time.  Adding a safety was always a risk.  

Tackling is effort and form IMO. He hasn’t blown coverages that I’ve seen but his tackling has been mostly poor. Again, that’s effort. He and Moreau should’ve gotten Cooper down easily, instead Cooper raced away for a 90 yard TD that should’ve been a 15-20 yard reception.

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Do what the Orioles did- hire a new-school GM and give him a blank check and the ability to make decisions without ownership meddling up and down the front office and the roster.  

That’s never going to happen. There’s no point in even wishing for it anymore. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

That’s never going to happen. There’s no point in even wishing for it anymore. 

I thought the same thing for the Orioles, and guess what, so far they've delivered.  Long-term, the Angelos brothers need to not meddle like their father did, but right now they've done the right thing.  

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Why, so we can lose to Detroit bc they’re from Michigan?

Because he’s a hell of a coach that has turned every program around that he’s coached. I couldn’t careless that he can’t beat a more talented OSU team that gets far better players every year. Same thing happened to Lloyd Carr and the Wolverines fans ran him out of team. OSU is just a better team that gets better recruits and that’s that. If Gruden is going out the door which I’m not convinced he is then I want Harbaugh here. 

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I thought the same thing for the Orioles, and guess what, so far they've delivered.  Long-term, the Angelos brothers need to not meddle like their father did, but right now they've done the right thing.  

So we need to wait like 30 years for Snyder to become senile and then we can hire a GM. 

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Because he’s a hell of a coach that has turned every program around that he’s coached. I couldn’t careless that he can’t beat a more talented OSU team that gets far better players every year. Same thing happened to Lloyd Carr and the Wolverines fans ran him out of team. OSU is just a better team that gets better recruits and that’s that. If Gruden is going out the door which I’m not convinced he is then I want Harbaugh here. 

Defiantly true, I was half joking. I’d welcome it if he would agree to come here. We’d have to give him final say like we didn’t either Shanahan though and Gibbs, and honestly, I don’t like that. I think a GM should always have final say.

I’m also not convinced he wants to coach for Snyder. Of course, I didn’t think the same of Shanahan either, but money does talk in the end.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Defiantly true, I was half joking. I’d welcome it if he would agree to come here. We’d have to give him final say like we didn’t either Shanahan though and Gibbs, and honestly, I don’t like that. I think a GM should always have final say.

I’m also not convinced he wants to coach for Snyder. Of course, I didn’t think the same of Shanahan either, but money does talk in the end.

Belichick is the only Head Coach/GM to have any modicum of success long-term.  Usually doing both is not in the cards long-term for the person, and usually ends up in their personnel powers being stripped. 

On 11/25/2018 at 1:22 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Belichick is the only Head Coach/GM to have any modicum of success long-term.  Usually doing both is not in the cards long-term for the person, and usually ends up in their personnel powers being stripped. 

giphy.gif

Archived