GDT Week 12: Baltimore Ravens vs Oakland Raiders

DreamKid

11/25 1:00 PM(ET)

Oakland-Raiders-vs-Baltimore-Ravens-NFL-

Santa -"With Christmas fast approaching children". "Gather around the tree for the story of a grand sized hero, Tony Siragusa 'The PSlump God' ". "An obese man of Italian descent with admirably flexible morality". "A true Raven, as well". "One who helped the Christmas dream of all those who bleed purple & black come true 18 years ago".

ravens-santa-claus-joe-hamilton.jpg?&tar

4.jpg

91rfYZAj1CL._SX425_.jpg

nov-1998-tony-siragusa-of-the-baltimore-

51585260.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

jan-2001-rich-gannon-of-the-oakland-raid

jan-2001-quarterback-rich-gannon-of-the-

0002330_tony-siragusa-of-the-ravens.jpeg

xxx-sb35.jpg?w=660

gettyimages-51981096.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

The End.

Santa- "So remember kids". "Heroes can come in all shapes and sizes, and if you help bring a title to the club I'll forgive you of even Ray Lewis level Surprises".

ray-lewis-court-murder+case+Priscilla+Lo

ray-lewisjpg-f4581c826797b49f.jpg

ravensbrowns19.jpg

Santa- "This Sunday we'll play the Raiders once more". "A club so pitiful, it's hard to ignore". "It's almost as if JaMarcus still plays there, drinking all the Codeine Lean you could pour".

giphy.gif

jan-2010-ravens-terrell-suggs-pressures-

Santa- "Sadly though, they're led by someone more stupid". "That effeminate creep with a coward for a brother, Jon Gruden".

"They've paid him 100 Million, to make sure they keep losing". 

John-Harbaugh-Jay-Gruden-690x445.png

XZVNVUXVSUI6PM2KXBLCNLZU54.jpg

Santa- "Not without hope". "All of their fans point to the upcoming drafts with glee". "We'll draft a bunch of superstars with all of our picks, and then you'll see". "Everyone else smiles and snickers, remembering that time Jon Gruden drafted Cadillac Williams and that fat Polish Kicker". 

gettyimages-630207280.jpg?w=594&h=360&cr

Santa- "They'll have no heart, no skill, and no fight on the day". "It's a wonder, if the game should even be played".

"All of their players are cowards, with worth so little". "I predict a stat padding day, for one Terrellius T-Sizzle".

Suggs-v-Steelers-mask-BR.jpg

Santa- "Some of their fans will be foolish enough to say, "On any given day"Anything can happen".

"Forgetting they're facing the #1 Defense, and young Lamar Jackson".

f434dfe9-1ffb-4d89-880b-c623f1f4e35b-USA

fh78foh78j9vfw7q7a8u.jpg

Santa- "I predict a score of many to none". "Get ready my friends"...... "Our march to a 3rd Championship has only just begun".

usatsi_7021646.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Santa- "And remember everyone, Santa doesn't respect opinions different than his". "It's simple".

"Flock or Fade".

l3vRkl5gz6EGFTTva.gif

giphy.gif

1. We are a better team than the Raiders, and we have to show it, which means don’t play down to their level.

2. Don’t get behind early, so Lamar have to come out passing. We both want to avoid turnovers and we want to control the game like we did most of the time against the Bengals.

3. Go with what works on offense. Much has been said about Lamars 27 carries and the amount he got hit. The coaching staff also said they want Lamar to pass the ball more, receivers said they want the ball, Lamar has said receivers should run and catch and not just block.

I hope they don’t try to make this game a statement game where they want to establish Lamar as a passer. Employ a similar gameplan if the Raiders defense let them, and get into rhythm with roll outs and come back passes and hitting tight ends across the middle.

4. Mix it up on defense so Carr doesn’t get into a rhythm. Just as they did against the Bengals, I want to see Martindale take away that quick passing game. Let Carr hit some of those longer passes as long as he doesn’t get to complete 25-30 quick short/intermediate passes. This goes back to me wanting us to control the game – we don’t do that if we let Carr dink n’ dunk the entire game and then exploit the middle of the field with Cook.

50 minutes ago, Danand said:

3. Go with what works on offense. Much has been said about Lamars 27 carries and the amount he got hit. The coaching staff also said they want Lamar to pass the ball more, receivers said they want the ball, Lamar has said receivers should run and catch and not just block.

I hope they don’t try to make this game a statement game where they want to establish Lamar as a passer. Employ a similar gameplan if the Raiders defense let them, and get into rhythm with roll outs and come back passes and hitting tight ends across the middle.

I've thought about that too. Or maybe even Lamar wanting to prove something, so he forces passes on RPOs even if it isn't the smart read.

Even Lamar's supporters were beating him up this week for running the ball as much as he did against the Bengals. There is a super weird culture surrounding the QBs here with the Ravens. The fans and pundits over analyze every throw and every play from them.

There's too much noise surrounding Jackson right now. He's getting calls from NFL Legends, he's a talking point on every discussion show, some people are screaming "The start of the Lamar Jackson era" others are screaming "He's not even a Quarterback", Harbaugh is getting fired up about him, Lamar is talking about needing to get the ball to certain pass catchers in his 2nd start.

I don't like any of it.

Lamar just needs to be Lamar. He has the league's top Defense, solid pass protection, and the GOAT Kicker. We're playing possibly the worst team in the league. The W will come. Nothing needs to be forced. Lamar isn't the starter. He doesn't have anything to prove. It's just a routine game and with his ability everything will be fine.

The Raiders have no pass rush. Lamar can just sit in the pocket and players will come open for him to hit. Which he will.

West coast team traveling to the east coast and losing out on hours.

One of the worst rushing defenses in the league.

Very limited Raiders offensive weapons.

Raiders tank job in affect.

Ravens are at home.

We have the most dominant dual threat QB in collegiate history helming our offense.

Our defense typically feasts on bad offenses.

This isn’t a divisional game against an opposing coach that is seemingly coaching for his job.

Our coach is potentially coaching for his job.

If this game isn’t at least a 17 point difference, I’ll be quite disappointed. That Raiders squad have no reason to get up for this matchup, there’s no bad blood, yet our squad has reasons to play hard for. If we lose this game it’s on the leadership core and the coaches. That said, I’ll predict a final score of: 34-10.

Lamar Jackson: 20/28, 210 yds passing, 1 PTD, 0 INTs; 17 carries, 103 rush yards, 1 RTD.

Archived