Week 12 GDT: Tennessee Titans vs Houston Texans

Texansfan713

3 hours ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Our line is so terrible. Pff has us ranked really terrible. Our best lineman is like a 61. 

We're gonna go wire to wire as the 32nd ranked OL per PFF. Usually you have some sort of movement down there - our OL is so bad, it's stuck at 32 no matter what happens. Teams are losing OL weekly, having to replace bodies along their OL - still better than ours. 

If Gaine doesn't burn at least 2/3 of our first three picks on OL, I'll flip out. If he doesn't, he better have dropped some major coin on a proven OL, not some backup who has starter-like attributes (Zach Fulton, Senio Kelemete, Seantrell Henderson).

I'd prefer to fortify defense with FA, pick up OL in draft, but that's just me. 

7 minutes ago, ET80 said:

We're gonna go wire to wire as the 32nd ranked OL per PFF. Usually you have some sort of movement down there - our OL is so bad, it's stuck at 32 no matter what happens. Teams are losing OL weekly, having to replace bodies along their OL - still better than ours. 

If Gaine doesn't burn at least 2/3 of our first three picks on OL, I'll flip out. If he doesn't, he better have dropped some major coin on a proven OL, not some backup who has starter-like attributes (Zach Fulton, Senio Kelemete, Seantrell Henderson).

I'd prefer to fortify defense with FA, pick up OL in draft, but that's just me. 

I agree.  I am hoping Rankin can be a long term starter for us at one of the guard spots.  He is bad at tackle, which we already knew.  I agree that  2 of our top 3 picks definitely have to be on the OL.  Also im tired of O'Brien trying to get guys who are versatile on the OL (Kalemente and Fulton) when they really arent. He needs to just get OL'men who plays one position really well.

As far as I am concerned, Martin is the only guy who should be starting next year. We have used a 4th on Davenport and a 3rd on Rankin, and neither guy seems to have any idea what they are doing. Its shocking to me that Rankin isnt better. I think a lot of it is coaching. We went out and changed 4 of the starting 5 and actually got worse. There is no reason that Mancz isnt starting at RG. He is our 2nd best lineman. I think our main issue is at the tackle spots. I wouldnt be opposed to coming back and letting Kelemete/Fulton/Mancz/Rankin have an open competition for the 2 starting guards spots. We need to bring in a FA LT. There is no need to draft a guy when we are already on the verge of David Carring out franchise QB. Get a proven guy who can play LT. Draft a RT in round 1. Let Davenport be a swing tackle and start at RT if he can beat out a 1st round pick. 

Our secondary has actually went down on our list of needs. According to PFF Joesph and Jackson are one of the best CB pairs in the league. I would expect that we lose Honeybadger this off season and we move Jackson back to Safety/Nickle on a new contract. Hal and Reid can play the other safties. Colvin will be back along with JJoe at CB. I would resign Wright to a cheap deal and bring in 1 more guy to possibly start in FA. 

So my off season would look something like this"

Sign LT, CB, back up QB

Draft RT, RB, OLB, CB, G, and D-Line

Cut Thomas, JOhnson, Mercilus, and Griffin

Resign Kareem Jackson to whatever it takes within reason

Offer Thomas, Mercilus, Wright, Blackson all team friendly restructures or new deals. 

I think we are an offensive line and some secondary play away from being a super bowl team. 

I am hopeful that JJoe has 1 more year in him, and Colvin will live up to the contract we gave him. he was a hot mess early on, but so was everyone else. I am not ready to give up on him, and his contract means he is going to be with the team at least one more season. 

of course all of this might not be enough to stop our shortcomings at head coach. 

17 hours ago, ET80 said:

Should be an emotional game with the passing of Bob McNair. The team has already announced players will have a decal with his initials on their helmets.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/24/texans-to-wear-helmet-sticker-honoring-bob-mcnair/amp/

Cal McNair or Janice McNair. should be the honorary team captain for the game tomorrow.  Not sure if they announced anyone yet but it would be nice if they were.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

Cal McNair or Janice McNair. should be the honorary team captain for the game tomorrow.  Not sure if they announced anyone yet but it would be nice if they were.

I'd surmise that every single cutaway from the field is going to be Cal and the McNair family. Wouldn't be shocked if Rick Smith is in attendance as well.

Venue:
Monday November 26th, 2018 • 7:15 PM CT • NRG Stadium (71,795) • Houston, Texas

GENNRGStadium.jpg?width=1024&height=576&

Radio:
SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM)
Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

TV: ESPN Joe Tessitore, Jason Witten, Booger McFarland
Stream:  espn.com/watch, verizonwireless.com, playstation vue, AppleTV or SlingTV

Preview:

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Craig Wrolstad

Uniform Combination: Deep Steel Blue Jerseys/Liberty White Pants

Weather: 50° F Clear Full Weather: Link 

Know where you are parking (Put your color lot in Waze)
Parking_Map_HEB.jpg

Parking Information
Platinum Lot: 2:15PM
Parking Lots: 3:15PM
Pedestrian Gates: 3:45PM

Gate Information
Bud Light Plaza: 4:45PM
Chevron Kids Corner: 4:45PM
BULLevard presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors: 4:45PM
Verizon East & West Entrances: 5:15PM
All Other Gates: 5:45PM

Flag Holders: Active and Veteran Service Members from the United States Army, Marines, Navy, Air Force and Coast Guard
Homefield Advantage Captains: United States Navy Lieutenant Michael Penn
National Anthem: Texas A&M Singing Cadets
Color Guard: United States shaped flag will be held by all five branches of the military
Halftime:  Texas A&M Singing Cadets

Go Texans!

#BeatTheTitans

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, Pastor Dillon said:

Our line is so terrible. Pff has us ranked really terrible. Our best lineman is like a 61. 

Our Defensive Line has been very blah... Outside of Casey(and he sadly is invisible sometimes) we don't anything to consistently threaten the QB. Our rush comes from blitzing and causing confusion. 

Watson is great at buying time, so I predict that is where he kills us. 

Don't know which offense shows up for us. If it is the Cowboys/Patriots offense, then I feel confident. 
Has Marcus beaten Houston/Watt team yet?  I have to check. 

I don’t want to say this, because history says we get smoked tonight, but if we win, then we are 1 game out of 1st and tied for a Bye Week(though we lose the tie breaker)

we aren’t safe to even make the playoffs yet, especially with the way the colts are playing. 

We really need to get this win tonight 

Archived