Moretti's Thanks Giving Mock

moretti19

Thank you for checking it out, been a frustrating season but we are a couple of plays away in each game from having a very good record.

Head Coach:

Greenbay lets go of Mike McCarthy at the end of the year and replaces him with John DeFilippo.

08_1006175245_01VIKE053118_50053350.jpg

Notable Cuts:

Cobb

Mercedes Lewis

Davon House

Nick Perry

Free Agents:

Landon Collins: Everything you look for in a safety. With Pettine blitzing from different spots, Collins is a perfect blitzer and can cover tight ends.

landon-collins-82616-usnews-getty-ftr_7g

Marcus Golden

Gives us a stout run defender with good pass rushing ability.

Markus-Golden-Banner-Arizona.jpg

NFL Draft

Greenbay has the number 13 overall pick and the New Orleans 30th

13. Greenbays secondary now becomes elite! With Collins and Thompson the back-end is complete and allows for blitzes from any position on our D. 

Alabama_logo.gif Deionte Thompson*, S, Alabama 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 196. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.46. 
Projected Round (2019): 1. 

11/10/18: Thompson has been one of college football's breakout players in 2018, and multiple pro team sources are raving about him. They say that a first-round buzz is building around Thompson. In 2018, he has two interceptions, five passes broken up, one forced fumble and 51 tackles. Thompson has displayed great range to cover a lot of ground in the deep part of the field and quality instincts. With his size, speed, and instincts, Thompson could be a free safety. A true single high safety to lock down the deep part of the field is a rare commodity to find, and Thompson could be that as a pro. 

Thompson was a backup to Minkah Fitzpatrick and Ronnie Harrison as a junior. Over limited playing time last season, Thompson recorded 27 tackles, four passes broken up and two interceptions. The 6-foot-2, 196-pounder has a big-time skill set and could be a fast riser during the 2019 NFL Draft process.

8625207.png

30thAuburn_logo.gif Derrick Brown*, DT, Auburn 
Height: 6-4. Weight: 322. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.95. 
Projected Round (2019): Top-16. 

11/17/18: Brown has played well this season while taking on a bunch of double teams. He is fast and powerful at the point of attack. Some scouts are really high on him and feel he has huge upside due to still being a very young player. He is up to 37 tackles, 3.5 sacks, 9.5 tackles for a loss and one forced fumble so far in 2018. He played well versus LSU, Washington, and helping to lead a comeback against Texas A&M. 

8/29/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Brown checks in at 6-foot-4, 322-pounds with 34.25 inch arms, 8.5 inch hands, and 82.75 wing span. They him down at 4.95 seconds in the 40-yard dash. 

In many years, Brown would be the consensus-No. 1 interior defensive lineman; however, in this loaded draft class, Brown might go behind some other elite defensive line talents. Still, team sources love Brown with his quickness to push the pocket and the strength that he plays with. They see him as a three-technique for a 4-3, and he could play as a one-technique as well. Sources say they see Brown as a future first-round talent. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019DT.php#ixzz5XbGTRZDI

41698457001_5760521755001_5760518162001-

2nd:

Iowa_logo.gif Noah Fant*, TE, Iowa 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 241. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.71. 
Projected Round (2019): 1-3. 

11/3/18: On the year, Fant has 31 receptions for 368 yards and six touchdowns. 

8/28/18: Iowa has produced a lot of good tight end prospects in recent years, and Fant could keep that trend going after a breakout sophomore season. He hauled in 28 passes for 486 yards with 10 touchdowns in 2017. Fant has size to his frame with the ability to get stronger and become a better blocker for the NFL. He could have three-down starting potential with the ability contribute as a receiver
2940_h.jpg?itok=hzM-Lfsf

3rd:

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Stanford_logo.gif

Stanford_logo.gif Bryce Love, RB, Stanford 
Height: 5-10. Weight: 196. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.40. 
Projected Round (2019): 1-2. 

11/3/18: The speedster Love has been banged up in 2018, and defenses have also been selling out to stop him. As a result, his numbers are down year over year. He is averaging 4.5 yards per carry this season for 419 yards with three touchdowns, but has also only six games played. He has 12 receptions for 58 yards as well. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019RB.php#ixzz5XbLH79Jl

usa_today_10502431.0.jpg

RD4 (redskins)

WashingtonState_logo.gif Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State 
Height: 6-5. Weight: 306. 
Projected 40 Time: 5.10. 
Projected Round (2019): 2-4. 

11/10/18: Dillard helped keep Wyoming edge rusher Carl Granderson from notching a sack in their Week 1 matchup. Since then, Dillard has played well for the Cougars. 

On the edge, Dillard is a good athlete with quick feet to get depth in his drop. He is adept at heading off speed rushers and keeping them from getting turned to the quarterback. Dillard plays with good leverage, as he is a knee bender and does not bend at the waist. There have been a few plays on which Dillard has allowed rushers to get speed upfield, but he has demonstrated nice recoverability to push the rushers deep and around the pocket to protect his tackle. 

In the ground game, Dillard is neither a bull who will knock defensive linemen off the ball, nor a force at the point of attack who will push a defensive end out of his gap. However, he is quick to engage defenders and shows some ability to latch onto them to sustain his block with some manipulation of them. For the NFL, Dillard should get stronger to become a more balanced blocker.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019OT.php#ixzz5XbLyY55Z

Boise_St_Washington_St_Football4_161040-

4th:

NotreDame_logo.gif Daelin Hayes*, OLB/DE, Notre Dame 
Height: 6-3. Weight: 260. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.70. 
Projected Round (2019): 3-5. 

11/17/18: Hayes has 24 tackles with one pass broken up and one sack this year. He has flashed some serious speed and edge-rushing ability, and he was excellent in the season opener against Michigan, putting a lot of pressure on the quarterback. 

8/29/18: According to NFL teams' preseason data provided by team sources, Hayes checks in at 6-foot-3, 260 pounds with 32.5-inch arms, 9.5-inch hands, and a 78.38-inch wingspan. They have him running the 40-yard dash in 4.70 seconds. Hayes totaled 30 tackles with three sacks as a sophomore. He has a lot of potential and upside to do more as an upperclassman.

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019OLB.php#ixzz5XbNjTco5

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2019OLB.php#BGtBuzYSKs4qPyaO.99

image:

2188542.jpg

5th.

OhioState_logo.gif K.J. Hill*, WR, Ohio State 
Height: 6-0. Weight: 200. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.42. 
Projected Round (2019): 3-4. 

11/3/18: Hill showed strong hands with nice route-running and yards-after-the-catch skills versus Oregon State in the season opener. He then came through with a huge touchdown to help the Buckeyes get a one-point win at Penn State. In 2018, Hill has 49 catches for 656 yards and four touchdowns. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019WR.php#ixzz5XbMvyNRW

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2019WR.php#JA4LFczklqBP6amk.99

87145_h.jpg?itok=6DALRBl5

6th:

Miami_logo.gif Michael Jackson, CB, Miami 
Height: 6-2. Weight: 195. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.54. 
Projected Round (2019): 4-6. 

11/10/18: So far this year, Jackson has 27 tackles with four passes broken up. 

8/29/18: Jackson was only in his first year starting for the Hurricanes in 2017, but there was talk about him entering the 2018 NFL Draft. In 2017, he totaled four interceptions with five passes broken up and 43 tackles. 

Jackson has good height and length for battling big NFL receivers. However, he faces some limitations. When he was considering entering the 2018 NFL Draft, some teams did reports on him, and one team source said they had him graded on Day 3.

95a9bd6dd070f0005faadcaa758e4214-origina

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019CB.php#ixzz5XbOdFkNU

7th:

Traded for a 6th rd 2020

15 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I could get on board with this, other than Landon Collins. Don't think he's that good. Saw Kittle eat him up all night on MNF a few weeks ago. He's what Josh Jones could be if he hit, but he'll never be a cover guy.

Ya Kittle is becoming a elite tight end! I think Collins and Thompson with Jones playing the 3rd safety could be a great group.

Good stuff.

I'd be content with getting Flip as our replacement HC. I like other guys better, but I think he'd be an improvement over that beaver-looking buffoon currently toting the headset.

I don't believe the G-Men would let Collins walk, but sure would not complain if we were to get him. He may be what Josh Jones could become, but I'm not real optimistic about Jones becoming more than a JAG in the foreseeable future. Golden at EDGE is a nice get, though. I'll have to steal that idea.

Deionte Thompson is one of the guys I want most in the whole draft. I'd be over-the-moon if we land him. I also like the idea of getting a stud DL to pair with Clark. It's a shame Wilk got that nasty injury, and Daniels has become a non-factor. I still want that stacked, scary DL gor'ammit!

Bryce Love that late feels like a pipedream. I do like the idea of adding another weapon out of the backfield into our offense.

Archived