The Lion King - (2019)

RamRod

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Am I the only one who gets seriously angry that they call this a live action remake when it is clearly going to be 90% not live action?  Do they know what live action means?  Am I the only one really annoyed by that? 

I totally agree with the sentiment but FWIW, the trailer didn't use the phrase 'live action' and you're the first to use it in this thread. I think the real problem comes from not having an industry agreed upon name for this style of animation. It is a CGI movie but it's understandable that they wouldn't want to call it that because CGI is something that tends to, unfairly, carry a negative connotation. I think the phrase 'live action animation' would work and conveys the idea properly, even if it is an oxymoron.

This looks really good and I'm really excited for it but probably less so than I am for Dumbo and Aladdin. I'll definitely go see all three in theaters. 

Edited by skywindO2

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Am I the only one who gets seriously angry that they call this a live action remake when it is clearly going to be 90% not live action?  Do they know what live action means?  Am I the only one really annoyed by that? 

Its the same style as Jungle Book, but that worked as "live action" because there was a human actor. So if Jungle Book was live action, is this not simply because there is a human character?

• Like 1

Just now, Deadpulse said:

Its the same style as Jungle Book, but that worked as "live action" because there was a human actor. So if Jungle Book was live action, is this not simply because there is a human character?

It's not live action though.  The Jungle Book wasn't really live action, either.  If 90% of a movie is composed of CGI shots, it's not live action.  I don't care if there's a human in it or not. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's not live action though.  The Jungle Book wasn't really live action, either.  If 90% of a movie is composed of CGI shots, it's not live action.  I don't care if there's a human in it or not. 

yeah and the jungle book "live action" was dull as hell