The Lion King - (2019)

RamRod

13 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

People who cry about the "live action" nomenclature are the worst. People literally changing Wikipedia and adding whole subsections and crap.

All I know is that The Jungle Book was absolutely amazing and so I expect this to be so.

For me, the original is one of my all time favorite movies. If this one is good, it ruins the first. If it's horrible, it ruins the first (even when I try to complete forget this one exists). Still undecided if I'm going to check this out or not. 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

For me, the original is one of my all time favorite movies. If this one is good, it ruins the first. If it's horrible, it ruins the first (even when I try to complete forget this one exists). Still undecided if I'm going to check this out or not. 

I've never been one of those people that let's one movie somehow ruin another. If this one is good then I'll have two great lion king movies, If it's bad then I still have the original.

2 hours ago, JonStark said:

How does this movie ruin the first in any way?

35 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

How does this movie ruin the first in any way?

Well if this one is good, I'm not going to watch the first. I guess that's a good problem to have because it means I'll have a new favorite movie, but it will still ruin the first for me. If it's horrible, it's going to be in the back of my mind watching the original. Comparing scenes, voices, etc. I'm not one who can just flat out pretend a remake or sequel doesn't exist if it flops.

59 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Well if this one is good, I'm not going to watch the first. I guess that's a good problem to have because it means I'll have a new favorite movie, but it will still ruin the first for me. If it's horrible, it's going to be in the back of my mind watching the original. Comparing scenes, voices, etc. I'm not one who can just flat out pretend a remake or sequel doesn't exist if it flops.

No offense, but that's a very weird problem to have, never heard of anyone with the same issue, usually it's people who were hoping for a good reboot or continuation upset if it turns out terrible or "wrong" to them.

17 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

People who cry about the "live action" nomenclature are the worst. People literally changing Wikipedia and adding whole subsections and crap.

All I know is that The Jungle Book was absolutely amazing and so I expect this to be so.

It's not live action though lol, but I've never heard "changing wikipedia" as a standard for people going too far.

16 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

No offense, but that's a very weird problem to have, never heard of anyone with the same issue, usually it's people who were hoping for a good reboot or continuation upset if it turns out terrible or "wrong" to them.

Just out of curiosity, does a bad sequel (not remake) change the way you look at the original a little or a poor series finale ruin the first couple seasons for you? 

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Just out of curiosity, does a bad sequel (not remake) change the way you look at the original a little or a poor series finale ruin the first couple seasons for you? 

A bad series finale will slightly ruin the ending of a series because it is one continuous story, and depending on how bad it is or how long the series was, it can leak back into the good parts. For example Game of Thrones has been going very down hill for a few seasons now as the books got much worse after ASoS and once the book material was gone the show writers really started ruining everything, so the first few seasons (great as they are) have been a little stained by what you know they turn into. On the other hand, HIMYM has one of the worst endings of all time but it wasn't a slow decline like GoT so I don't think it really affects the rest of the show, you just pretend the ending doesn't exist.

With movies, a bad sequel will only ruin the original if the original couldn't stand on it's own, because if it can you can just pretend the sequel didn't exist.

1 hour ago, jyod21 said:

Did Lion King 2: Simba's Pride ruin The Lion King for you? 

Never saw it for this exact reason. Although, I guess you did prove another point, that I could completely disregard it altogether without it affecting my image of the first. 

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

A bad series finale will slightly ruin the ending of a series because it is one continuous story, and depending on how bad it is or how long the series was, it can leak back into the good parts. For example Game of Thrones has been going very down hill for a few seasons now as the books got much worse after ASoS and once the book material was gone the show writers really started ruining everything, so the first few seasons (great as they are) have been a little stained by what you know they turn into. On the other hand, HIMYM has one of the worst endings of all time but it wasn't a slow decline like GoT so I don't think it really affects the rest of the show, you just pretend the ending doesn't exist.

With movies, a bad sequel will only ruin the original if the original couldn't stand on it's own, because if it can you can just pretend the sequel didn't exist.

I see what you're saying, I just have a harder time pretending things like that don't exist. Believe me, I've tried with the finale of Dexter. 

28 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Never saw it for this exact reason. Although, I guess you did prove another point, that I could completely disregard it altogether without it affecting my image of the first. 

I see what you're saying, I just have a harder time pretending things like that don't exist. Believe me, I've tried with the finale of Dexter. 

Like I said, some series finales are harder to ignore than others. Dexter's was pretty bad and would be really hard to ignore as you rewatch.

1 hour ago, Manny/Patrick said:

Ima play Devils Advocate here, let’s say Childish makes a record in the next couple of months that is highly controversial. (Won’t happen)

1. Does Disney replace him?

2. Who would you want to replace him?

1. Unless he goes full James Gunn. It would have to be pretty bad.

2. Idris Elba