The Lion King - (2019)

RamRod

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

It's not getting worked. The reviews are just...meh. Great visuals, but essentially just a shot-for-shot remake and the animals can't emote as well as the animated version.

It's at a 60% on Rotten Tomatoes right now with only prescreeners reporting.

56 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's at a 60% on Rotten Tomatoes right now with only prescreeners reporting.

It's still at over 120 reviews. It's not going to drop much further than it's at now.

I'm not arguing it's getting good reviews, but Dark Phoenix is a movie that got worked. This is getting middling reviews.

22 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

It's still at over 120 reviews. It's not going to drop much further than it's at now.

I'm not arguing it's getting good reviews, but Dark Phoenix is a movie that got worked. This is getting middling reviews.

Lion King is still a remake of a classic movie, and if it's as close to the original as it sounds, it's still going to be enjoyable to most....but still a bland and unnecessary remake.

Disney is just milking nostalgia with all of these remakes.   None of them have been anything special or added anything to the original...and I think people are getting bored.   Remakes are fun when they can add something new.  Merely taking it from animated to live action isnt enough.

30 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Lion King is still a remake of a classic movie, and if it's as close to the original as it sounds, it's still going to be enjoyable to most....but still a bland and unnecessary remake.

Disney is just milking nostalgia with all of these remakes.   None of them have been anything special or added anything to the original...and I think people are getting bored.   Remakes are fun when they can add something new.  Merely taking it from animated to live action isnt enough.

I strongly disagree. I know plenty of people that said they've always wanted live versions of popular cartoon and films. 

Beauty and the beast grossed over 1 billion, Jungle book, and Aladdin over 900 million, Lion King will reach that, highly doubt people are bored after 4 films.

I would even take live versions of toy story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I strongly disagree. I know plenty of people that said they've always wanted live versions of popular cartoon and films. 

Beauty and the beast grossed over 1 billion, Jungle book, and Aladdin over 900 million, Lion King will reach that, highly doubt people are bored after 4 films.

I would even take live versions of toy story.

Disney has made a lot more than 4 of these.

• Like 1

It's got a 5.2 rating on IMDB with under 2,000 ratings.

Feeling vindicated for saying it was a stupid idea to make a "live action" remake almost five years ago today. 

I also think it's funny how the most SJW-friendly studio in the world has SJW decide that The Lion King is full of White Supremacy. 

ss3z7.jpg?a434088

37 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

It's got a 5.2 rating on IMDB with under 2,000 ratings.

Feeling vindicated for saying it was a stupid idea to make a "live action" remake almost five years ago today. 

I also think it's funny how the most SJW-friendly studio in the world has SJW decide that The Lion King is full of White Supremacy. 

ss3z7.jpg?a434088

It's only a stupid idea if it doesn't make money. You willing to say it will flop?

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

It's only a stupid idea if it doesn't make money. You willing to say it will flop?

I'm willing to say it will not make the profit Disney thought it would.  It has a budget of 250 million dollars.  Lol. 

250 million dollars.  125 million on advertising. 

That means it's gotta make 375 million domestically before it starts making a profit. 

It's not gonna be a resounding success like Disney thinks it will.  Or thought I should say. 

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I'm willing to say it will not make the profit Disney thought it would.  It has a budget of 250 million dollars.  Lol. 

250 million dollars.  125 million on advertising. 

That means it's gotta make 375 million domestically before it starts making a profit. 

It's not gonna be a resounding success like Disney thinks it will.  Or thought I should say. 

I think it will still. I'm guessing it will push for $500 million domestically and slightly over $1 billion worldwide.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I think it will still. I'm guessing it will push for $500 million domestically and slightly over $1 billion worldwide.

This is what Beauty and the Beast did $$$ wise. Lion King is a more popular IP worldwide so it would be a surprise to see it not at least match B&B