The Lion King - (2019)

RamRod

On 7/14/2019 at 3:54 PM, Fresh Prince said:

It’s not really that popular compared to the others. No one really wanted that movie.

I mean thats just false. Dumbo is absolutely beloved by just about all Disney fans. The movie was just bad, and they made it a Human story instead of a Dumbo story.

Dumbo was too much of a change from the original, Lion King sounds like its too much shot for shot, and for me Aladdin found that perfect middle ground (which is why its been the biggest surprise of the summer)

On 7/15/2019 at 9:49 AM, Outpost31 said:

It's got a 5.2 rating on IMDB with under 2,000 ratings.

Feeling vindicated for saying it was a stupid idea to make a "live action" remake almost five years ago today. 

I also think it's funny how the most SJW-friendly studio in the world has SJW decide that The Lion King is full of White Supremacy. 

ss3z7.jpg?a434088

The incel is strong with this one.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This movie was painfully mediocre.  Just another blatant cash grab, as expected.  

From a business standpoint I would actually say its brilliant. 

Disney has bought Marvel, Star Wars, and now with their old Disney remakes they really dont have to take serious chances to earn a buck. Everything now is set in a safe box with certain rules around them and because of that these 3 franchises could potentially keep them in the green alone for the next 2 to 3 decades. They are making money on very large long standing fan bases. 

As sleazy as they are Disney has set themselves up nicely for a long time. H/e this also effects their quality of work, but still when you get paid 20 million for producing a high earning movie. Do you really care about fan opinions? 

• Like 1

If it's a complete shot for shot, it's still awesome.

What was so bad about it? Outside of the lack of originality, it seems like it'd be kind of hard to screw up. Today's CGI abilities make it almost impossible to look bad given the amount of money Disney has to produce it.

Also, Lion King, to this day, is one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. Still holds up and I'm 31 years old.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

If it's a complete shot for shot, it's still awesome.

What was so bad about it? Outside of the lack of originality, it seems like it'd be kind of hard to screw up. Today's CGI abilities make it almost impossible to look bad given the amount of money Disney has to produce it.

Also, Lion King, to this day, is one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. Still holds up and I'm 31 years old.

Agreed. I loved the Lion King movie growing up and Lion King on Broadway was one of the most incredible shows/events that I've ever been too. They already have great source material so there's no reason to deviate from a story that has been loved for decades to add in a new flare.

The one complaint that I've read is that the CGI animals aren't as expressive as their cartoon counterparts which hurts the overall emotion of the story. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. I loved the Lion King movie growing up and Lion King on Broadway was one of the most incredible shows/events that I've ever been too. They already have great source material so there's no reason to deviate from a story that has been loved for decades to add in a new flare.

The one complaint that I've read is that the CGI animals aren't as expressive as their cartoon counterparts which hurts the overall emotion of the story. 

Exactly, I wouldn’t want them to add new things that could make the movie worse. It’s a great film and just follow the scenes. 

• Like 2

Just now, Fresh Prince said:

Exactly, I wouldn’t want them to add new things that could make the movie worse. It’s a great film and just follow the scenes. 

People are complaining because it's too close to the original source material but I'm sure even more people would complain if they deviated from it and changed the original story line/arc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

People are complaining because it's too close to the original source material but I'm sure even more people would complain if they deviated from it and changed the original story line/arc. 

But that’s what you want in films is to follow the source. If you’re remaking a live action film that’s one thing, but to remake a cartoon film into cgi or live action it makes sense to follow the source material almost to a tee.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 10:19 AM, Outpost31 said:

Am I the only one who gets seriously angry that they call this a live action remake when it is clearly going to be 90% not live action?  Do they know what live action means?  Am I the only one really annoyed by that? 

Just came in here to say this lol

5 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

From a business standpoint I would actually say its brilliant. 

Disney has bought Marvel, Star Wars, and now with their old Disney remakes they really dont have to take serious chances to earn a buck. Everything now is set in a safe box with certain rules around them and because of that these 3 franchises could potentially keep them in the green alone for the next 2 to 3 decades. They are making money on very large long standing fan bases. 

As sleazy as they are Disney has set themselves up nicely for a long time. H/e this also effects their quality of work, but still when you get paid 20 million for producing a high earning movie. Do you really care about fan opinions? 

I agree its smart from a money making perspective.     Parents and families will flock to most Disney movies, regardless of quality.  

The movie is a bore.   Just a CGI laden remake of a far superior animated movie.  

• Like 1