Its Time to Bench Adrian Peterson

MKnight82

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Unfortunately I can. Statistically and effort wise, we have no one better on the “active” roster. 

(Guice will change that next year)

This ^^^. 

Look guys. If Guice comes back and is relatively healthy, then MVP is a good thing to have on the roster, but he will probably not want to be a backup. So consider this a one year rental and an effort to get yet another comp pick (in 2020) after he leaves us in the offseason. So, since the season is still able to end in us winning the division (even though that is slipping away) and we are not mathematically eliminated, you roll with the best players on your roster. 

Once we're eliminated, then let's play the hell out of the youngsters and see what having MVP on the team has done to help them progress as NFL RB's

1 hour ago, Thaiphoon said:

This ^^^. 

Look guys. If Guice comes back and is relatively healthy, then MVP is a good thing to have on the roster, but he will probably not want to be a backup. So consider this a one year rental and an effort to get yet another comp pick (in 2020) after he leaves us in the offseason. So, since the season is still able to end in us winning the division (even though that is slipping away) and we are not mathematically eliminated, you roll with the best players on your roster. 

Once we're eliminated, then let's play the hell out of the youngsters and see what having MVP on the team has done to help them progress as NFL RB's

I’m not talking about bailing on the season, I honestly think Peterson is slowing down and another guy might get us better production.

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m not talking about bailing on the season, I honestly think Peterson is slowing down and another guy might get us better production.

I think its twofold. Yes, father time in regards to him slowing down as the carries pile up. And also the fact that we don't have our starters on OL. Scherff was a big loss in terms of the running game. And Trent being injured (yet again, what a surprise!), it has a big effect too.

I don't mind getting more reps for the other guys. But if we're still in the hunt, I want him getting most of them.

3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I think its twofold. Yes, father time in regards to him slowing down as the carries pile up. And also the fact that we don't have our starters on OL. Scherff was a big loss in terms of the running game. And Trent being injured (yet again, what a surprise!), it has a big effect too.

I don't mind getting more reps for the other guys. But if we're still in the hunt, I want him getting most of them.

Also, even though he is constantly hurt, Lauvao is a big piece they want to incorporate in the ground game.  He's one of the better guards at getting out and pulling for outside runs, and I think that's part of the reason why they keep going back to the well with him, hoping he can stay healthy.  At this point, we need to move on, but we definitely look for more athletic linemen on the interior and not the road-grater types, whom AD is used to running in front of for most of his career. 

On 11/24/2018 at 9:58 AM, turtle28 said:

It’s bc Bibbs is doing that in passing situations, on 2nd & 3rd and long, not when the box is stacked on 1st downs and in short yardage.

You all know this, you’re very knowledgeable and experienced football fans.

Well then, why not run play action on 1st downs? Oh way ... Jay ... nevermind then ...

Archived