A little truth from Doc

Doc Draper

Hey Bro’s,  hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving. Now Doc’s going to lay  some truth on you. 

1. I hope you don’t let the Redskins define whether not you had a good day yesterday. Don’t give a bunch of incompetent people that power over you
  2. The season’s not over. We still have a really good chance to win our division. So I’m optimistic and we should expect to win the division
  3. For anyone who  thinks Jay Gruden is a great coach or even a good coach, yesterday was illuminating. Head coaches have three three main responsibilities: 1. establishing a culture where everyone has to work hard ( or they will be benched or cut) and wants to work hard. Jay is a complete failure at this because he’s soft and wants to be liked. He doesn’t demand excellence. He’d rather be someone’s friend then be an effective leader. 2. An effective Coach utilizes your players skills to maximize his strengths and minimize your weaknesses. Jay is so inflexible or simple minded he takes whatever players he has and tries to shove them into his system. Why isnt Neske starting to guard. Why is it Adrian Peterson who is the Hall of Fame running back isn’t getting his runs from the I formation where he is far more effective? Why don’t you have a fullback or Ryan Anderson back there to help block for Adrian Peterson? The guys a Hall of Fame running back and Nsheke  is your best offenseive linemen that’s not starting. start him for either of the two scrubs you have out there at guard. Play guys who play well not just because of their name  (HaHa sucked and was exposed) and Norman is just another corner.  3. Jay has another in a long list of poor jobs in time management. I have never seen an effective coach have to call a time out after an opposing player injury timeout just to get the play in. That’s brain dead. The guy is a nice guy but he maxed out as a coordinator and he never won in playoffs as a coordinator. He is just not head coaching material. Funny and sad thing is he has gotten better he used to be even worse. 
  4. Don’t fall for the trap of blaming the referee. Bad teams always blame the refs. There were bad calls on both sides yeah we got a few more bad calls. But you know what? good teams overcome the refs bad teams always blame the refs.
  5. Colt did a really good considering the circumstances. What I really hate is Jay says that he didn’t take a snap with the first team since OTA‘s. Who’s fault is that? Why dont you give you back up quarterback just a little bit of practice time every week so that they’re ready? One series is enough in practice. 
  6. The Redskins formula for winning this season with Smith was run the ball, control the clock, don’t make mistakes and let a fresh defense play well. You can do the same thing with Colt but Jay has to call better plays. No more plays were Peterson has to run out of the shotgun or side to side. That’s using a Rolls Royce as a SUV
  7. I’m still optimistic. I think we have a really good chance of winning the division. As long as Jay doesn’t screw it up. If we don’t win the division he should be fired immediately along with Manusky as should Bruce

Doc out

Living the dream 

You were doing well until you "dismissed" the major issues with the refs yesterday.  What bad calls on the Boys.  The bad spot they got and we got a first should have been a personal foul for a face mask grab on Colt to begin with AND they could have challenged, we couldn't have challenge a blatant face mask.  What other calls effected the cowboys.  2 of the 3 INTs should have been penalties on the boys.  The head to head hit on Reed was so blatant that even Gruden went ballistic.  Did you hear any of the announcers complaining about calls against the boys?  nope.  But man did they same some things about non-calls against us.

Doc, 

Great post.  I want to expound on a couple things. 

1.) For real, do not let this team drag you down.  It's just a game.  The players collect a massive paycheck, the owner collects an even bigger one, more money that just about all of us will see.  I have family who played for the Redskins, have season tickets and guess what, a loss is a loss.  I went ahead and watched the next game, read a little bit of my current novel before bed and hit the hay early to get to work for a long day.  If you live and die by this team's performance, take a step back, breath and realize they don't do the same, so why should you?  

3.) I remember a game last year where we went with Nsekhe at LT and Williams at LG out of necessity.  Why can't we put that package together again?  Or use it in certain situations, like short yardage.  AD seems hesitant at times during runs, and that is because he is used to running out of the I formation.  Why we don't adapt to some things to try and help that transition out, I have no idea.  He's also been a willing blocker and receiver, some things that he's struggled with before, so he's all in.  Why can't our coaches reciprocate? 

On 11/23/2018 at 10:12 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Doc, 

1.) For real, do not let this team drag you down.  It's just a game.  The players collect a massive paycheck, the owner collects an even bigger one, more money that just about all of us will see.  I have family who played for the Redskins, have season tickets and guess what, a loss is a loss.  I went ahead and watched the next game, read a little bit of my current novel before bed and hit the hay early to get to work for a long day.  If you live and die by this team's performance, take a step back, breath and realize they don't do the same, so why should you?  

3.) I remember a game last year where we went with Nsekhe at LT and Williams at LG out of necessity.  Why can't we put that package together again?  Or use it in certain situations, like short yardage.  AD seems hesitant at times during runs, and that is because he is used to running out of the I formation.  Why we don't adapt to some things to try and help that transition out, I have no idea.  He's also been a willing blocker and receiver, some things that he's struggled with before, so he's all in.  Why can't our coaches reciprocate? 

I’d rather see Nsekhe at LG & Trent stay at LT. We’ve been over this for 2, maybe 3 years in this forum, I don’t think it’s wise to move a pro bowl - arguably All-Pro - left tackle to LG. Move the back up Good/but not great LT to LG where he does ok at and try that out if Cooper doesn’t rebound after what I consider a worse game than his first start.

On 11/23/2018 at 10:12 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Doc, 

... but what about point #2? :D

Archived