Week 12 GDT: Titans @ Texans

TitanLegend

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I get that Butler got paid, so it's easy to hate... But he's been a lot better lately lately... And now it's Adoree that's been horrible. In fact, if venture to say that Adoree's last 2 games were wise than any 2 Butler games. Butler would be getting crucified. But he's a fan favorite and young, so it slides. But as a 2nd year 1st rounder, he didn't compare to his like Lattimore or White. 

But I guess he just needs more time, right? 

I’m critical of Adoree a lot. One of my biggest gripes about the guy is do we ever see him truly run fast outside of him hustling after Miller Monday Night? Someone that fast an athletic gets beat way to easily. He has good games here and there this year but overall not playing like a first round pick in all phases. The guy was also brought in to flip field position on returns and we rarely ever see it happen 

I feel like teams philosophy hurts a lot of the defensive guys no one has the hunger to be great on defense outside of Casey Woodyard and Byard everyone else just plays the system and no one is showing the ability to take the next step and try to be dominant or create turnovers it’s more just try to knock the ball out of someone’s hands instead of break it up before it hits the WRs hands or try and jump a route an get a turnover 

1 hour ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I get that Butler got paid, so it's easy to hate... But he's been a lot better lately lately... And now it's Adoree that's been horrible. In fact, if venture to say that Adoree's last 2 games were wise than any 2 Butler games. Butler would be getting crucified. But he's a fan favorite and young, so it slides. But as a 2nd year 1st rounder, he didn't compare to his like Lattimore or White. 

But I guess he just needs more time, right? 

There's a pretty large difference in getting heavily on to a guy who finished last year on like a 6 or 7 game stretch where he was great then started this year great as well and has now had two bad games compared to a guy who has sucked until the last two games. If Butler had a roughly 14-16 game stretch where he was played really good football and then had a couple bad games no one would be in here calling him an FA bust.

8 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

There's a pretty large difference in getting heavily on to a guy who finished last year on like a 6 or 7 game stretch where he was great then started this year great as well and has now had two bad games compared to a guy who has sucked until the last two games. If Butler had a roughly 14-16 game stretch where he was played really good football and then had a couple bad games no one would be in here calling him an FA bust.

I guess I just haven't seen the greatness. I've seen promise, potential... But not greatness. 

Many were ready to crown him a #1 guy, but these 2 horrible games have come when we treated him as such and put him on the opponents #1. 

But it's the double standard because he is a fan favorite. 

Ryan has been outstanding this year. I say all pro level, which can be debate... But hes been out best player in the secondary this year. And as recently as a couple weeks ago, I saw posts from people saying he should be cut next year. 

I'm just calling out the double standard. 

30 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I guess I just haven't seen the greatness. I've seen promise, potential... But not greatness. 

Many were ready to crown him a #1 guy, but these 2 horrible games have come when we treated him as such and put him on the opponents #1. 

Ryan has been outstanding this year. I say all pro level, which can be debate... But hes been out best player in the secondary this year. And as recently as a couple weeks ago, I saw posts from people saying he should be cut next year. 

I think, in Adoree's case, he's a young guy that was thrusted into a starter role and really did, overall, a pretty damn good job. Def wasn't a liability of a CB that we've seen in the past (Cox, Hill, etc). And that's great to have from a rookie, raw CB

then this year, it was more of the same. Solid, consistent play. Now he's gotten beaten by a drum for the past two weeks and we can say...well he's young! lol

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Potential gives you leeway.  We see it with QB's all the time. 
Marcus misses games....Mr. Glass.
Sam Darnold and Mitch Trubisky miss games, its ok. 
Mayfield or any young QB throws an INT, he will learn. Any other QB with 4 plus years, he is a bust!
Conklin gets the benefit, while cut Kline (rightly so!).

When you been in the league longer, you don't get to have that time to make mistakes. It is a double standard. It also is history vs. potential. And I get it. It is fair in some cases. I'll take unproven Finch over proven Morgan right now, simply because of what might happen. 

Archived