R&Ps demolition to fix the Bucs 2019

REDandPEWTER

Fire the current staff. GM to front office to coaches and scouts. Start over. New culture. 

First hire: Bruce Arians- advisor/President of Football operations. He’s got connections and he will be able to find you a front office man. The cardinals are struggling with out his brain. 

GM hire: Mike Borgonzi - Director of football operations from Kansas City cheifs : 

- why ? Borgonzi has spent the last 11 years in the front office of two successful organizations: the Eagles and the Cheifs. Two teams that have drafted extremely well. 

Coaching candidates: 

- Steelers Qb coach/OC Randy Fichtner - qbs coach under Arians and has been a brilliant offensive mind. Believe it or not. No leveon bell and Big Ben is having a down year yet the offense is better than last year. My number one candidate. 

- Notre Dame coach brian Kelly 

: he will gage interest but I think he’s staying at ND. 

- Washington HC Chris Peterson : my second favorite option. Successful every where he’s gone. Might be his time for the nfl. 

- Eric Bieniemy OC KC - the coaching tree of Andy Reid. He will be in demand and with the hire Borgonzi , he will be in the mix. But I feel he goes elsewhere. 

The Hire: 

Randy Fichtner new bucs head coach. 

- Fichtner will come in with one year to work with Winston. I’m not a fan of Winston’s but Arians goes with a familiar face who developed Big Ben to the elite status and comes from a strong organization. 

Who he brings from Pittsburgh ? 

- DC: Joey Porter - Current OLB coach. 

- OL coach: Sean sarrett : hes the assistant OL coach to mike Munchak. Poach another guy who’s looking for a promo. 

- Special teams coordinator : Anthony Blevins - assistant coach in NYG  

- OC: Mike Kafka - Current QBs coach  has done a wonderful job refining Mahomes skill set. He might be in for a dual role of Qb and OC title with a passing game coordinator  

- Al Harris DBs coach- hes technically the assistant to the DBs coach in KC. This will be a promo. 

Cleaning house : we need to rid the waste of players that are toxic to this culture . 

Trades: Desean Jackson to Indianapolis for a 4th round pick in 2020  

Gerald McCoy to the patriots for a 3rd round pick in 2020  

Trade Cameron Brate to the Tennesee titans for a 3rd round pick in 2019 

stockpile picks for 2020 and 2019. 2020 is important due to a potential QB class that could be great. 2019 overall isn’t as talented. 

Cut: 

- will gholston  

- Vinny Curry 

- Mitch unrein 

- Caleb Bennenoc 

listen to offers for RB Ronald jones  

franchise Tag LT Donavan Smith  

cut Demar Dotson  

- resign Kwon Alexander on a 1 year deal  

offseason targets : 

- edge Markus Golden 

- Guard DJ Fluker or Chance Warmack 

- DE Allen Bailey and Carl Davis 

- safety Lamarcus Joyner 

- CB Darqueze Dennard  

- RB tevin Coleman 

draft : 

1st round : I would look to trade down if we can’t obtain an Edge rusher 

- OLB Josh Allen Kentucky : he May very well well have a Khalil Mack type impact from day one. Dude is just a terror off the edge. 

2nd round: David Edwards OT Wisconsin 

- time to replace Demar Dotson. We will move Cappa to Guard to compete with warmack. 

- Round 3: devin bush LB Michigan 

- time to get some physical tough minded players. Bush is an animal and solid in pass defense with high football IQ . 

Round 3 via cam Brate trade: G/C Connor McGovern Penn State 

- again the bucs lack depth and physicality interior wise. Let’s get a guy who can replace Evan Smith to play guard and center to compete for the Guard spot. 

4th round : RB Lamichal Perine Florida 

- I’m adding him to the mix in case we don’t land a Tevin Coleman. Perine/Barber/Jones committee. Even if we do sign Coleman I’d still take a back. Barber is a #2/3 and no one knows what jones is. 

5th round : 

Deandre walker OLB Georgia 

- depth to the front 7 is needed  

6th round : Jaquan Johnson safety Miami 

7th round : qb Trace McSorley penn state 

Arians also worked with Peyton for a bit in Indy. And we all know the success he had in making Carson Palmer relevant again. I don't know if there are any other guys available right now that have worked with so many great QBs.

I can't argue against any of the moves. Trading McCoy and Brate I think are smart moves, and ones I've been looking at too. Guards are probably a lateral move. But Benenoch can't be here anymore.

Draft looks solid. Hits a ton of needs. And helps finalize the transition into a 3/4, which everyone seems to be all about.

25 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Arians also worked with Peyton for a bit in Indy. And we all know the success he had in making Carson Palmer relevant again. I don't know if there are any other guys available right now that have worked with so many great QBs.

I can't argue against any of the moves. Trading McCoy and Brate I think are smart moves, and ones I've been looking at too. Guards are probably a lateral move. But Benenoch can't be here anymore.

Draft looks solid. Hits a ton of needs. And helps finalize the transition into a 3/4, which everyone seems to be all about.

Fichtner to me is the under the radar coaching prospect who can have a McVay impact. Steelers are better offensively without bell and Big Ben struggling a bit comparing to last year. 

Hes been under the leagues second best coach in mike tomlin and comes from an organization who knows what they’re doing. 

45 minutes ago, indifference said:

Need better CB options and would recommend bringing in a safety too. Evans and Whitehead are years away from being consistent.

One offseason at a time. Realistically you can’t fill all holes. Building a pass rush and stout front 7 will help. 

I’m not a fan of the Cb options and would rather build the OL and front 7 which is the strength of the draft. 

Interesting take it seems your a closet Steelers fan.   Although I do like the moves except for Joey Porter.

Surprised out of everyone you kept Winston and didn't even get no one in the draft to compete.  I think at the very least we should grab someone in the draft to compete with him in the mid rounds. ( we might get lucky with another Mike Glennon)

3 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

Interesting take it seems your a closet Steelers fan.   Although I do like the moves except for Joey Porter.

Surprised out of everyone you kept Winston and didn't even get no one in the draft to compete.  I think at the very least we should grab someone in the draft to compete with him in the mid rounds. ( we might get lucky with another Mike Glennon)

If you look at what I did it’s a combo of Steelers and cheifs assistants. The GM selection is a guy who’s been with the eagles and cheifs so he’s seasoned with success. 

If you want culture change why not bring in someone from an organization that has probably one of the most consistent and successful culture for years. 

3 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

If you look at what I did it’s a combo of Steelers and cheifs assistants. The GM selection is a guy who’s been with the eagles and cheifs so he’s seasoned with success. 

If you want culture change why not bring in someone from an organization that has probably one of the most consistent and successful culture for years. 

I was just joking and I agree Steelers have been around the top for a while.   I wouldn't mind grabbing munchak and seeing if he can give it another go with better coordinators.   I honestly don't remember much about his stint with Titans except for the bad QBs

4 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I was just joking and I agree Steelers have been around the top for a while.   I wouldn't mind grabbing munchak and seeing if he can give it another go with better coordinators.   I honestly don't remember much about his stint with Titans except for the bad QBs

Hmm I hear what you’re saying but I think he’s just meant to be a positions coach and that’s it. If he takes a head job it’ll be in college. I don’t think his style works in the nfl as a head man. 

Fichtner is innovative and he’s improved the Steelers unit. Sure they have talent but he knows how to use it. He also developed Roethlisbuerger for the last 10 years. 

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Hmm I hear what you’re saying but I think he’s just meant to be a positions coach and that’s it. If he takes a head job it’ll be in college. I don’t think his style works in the nfl as a head man. 

Fichtner is innovative and he’s improved the Steelers unit. Sure they have talent but he knows how to use it. He also developed Roethlisbuerger for the last 10 years. 

Yea thats why I was saying he would need some good coordinators...  I have no problems with Ficthner and think he will get a job sooner rather than later.   Although the Rams/Chiefs have been talked about with all the new innovative things they are doing the Steelers have been doing it as well just under the radar.

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

One offseason at a time. Realistically you can’t fill all holes. Building a pass rush and stout front 7 will help. 

I’m not a fan of the Cb options and would rather build the OL and front 7 which is the strength of the draft. 

Would throw the checkbook at Roby. Need a CB with elite deep speed on the outside. Him or Verett would be ideal. Dennard is basically a Hargreaves type. 

Archived