Doomsday scenario: Can UCF get in?

Tk3

Scenario time:

• Alabama beats Georgia (lets say its a big defeat)
  • Northwestern upsets Ohio State
  • Texas beats Oklahoma
  • UCF wins, despite needing to use the backup QB

Is UCF in? Do we see our first 2 loss team in Georgia? (or posssssibly LSU?)

19 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Scenario time:

• Alabama beats Georgia (lets say its a big defeat)
  • Northwestern upsets Ohio State
  • Texas beats Oklahoma
  • UCF wins, despite needing to use the backup QB

Is UCF in? Do we see our first 2 loss team in Georgia? (or posssssibly LSU?)

Add in  USC over ND to strengthen the argument.

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Add in  USC over ND to strengthen the argument.

I think if UGA/OSU/OU all end up with 2 losses, then the ND/USC game becomes meaningless - they are in regardless.

However if OSU and OU both with the conf championship games, they are in over a 1 loss ND if they lose to USC.

3 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I think if UGA/OSU/OU all end up with 2 losses, then the ND/USC game becomes meaningless - they are in regardless.

However if OSU and OU both with the conf championship games, they are in over a 1 loss ND if they lose to USC.

The more teams with blemishes and "bad losses" helps UCF.    ND big win vs MI just got down graded severely.  

UCF's putrid schedule and the injury to their QB means they have no shot at the committee putting them in.  If the doomsday scenario did happen, they might stand a chance if Milton was healthy.  Take him out of the equation, and I don't think the committee even looks at them.  

UCF has had a pretty good run though.  If they are serious about competing with the big boys, let's see them big name Power Five schools put on their OOC schedule in the future.  

26 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

UCF's putrid schedule and the injury to their QB means they have no shot at the committee putting them in.  If the doomsday scenario did happen, they might stand a chance if Milton was healthy.  Take him out of the equation, and I don't think the committee even looks at them.  

UCF has had a pretty good run though.  If they are serious about competing with the big boys, let's see them big name Power Five schools put on their OOC schedule in the future.  

The problem is the big name power five schools have to agree and want to play UCF. It’s not like UCF gets to choose who they play in that regard.

Without their starting QB who was a big part of their win streak? I think their chances are all but crushed. When close enough, committee will use their "eye test" or "could they win" barometer and rule them out in lieu of the downgrade at QB... and rightfully so IMO. Without Milton I wouldn't give them a prayer against any of the other top teams.

11 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

The problem is the big name power five schools have to agree and want to play UCF. It’s not like UCF gets to choose who they play in that regard.

and these schedules are planed years in advanced.  no telling how ucf will be in the future when they play them.

to answer the OP question, no the committee will never let them in.

Archived