Perry to IR Looney brought up from practice squad

Golfman

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Which sucks because he hasn't even been playing like a third/fourth option, maybe he turns it around, but that contract is lookin' really crappy right now. 

It's not Joe Johnson bad, but it ain't good either. 

27 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Wait.  You think you're getting a second tier for 3.6M?  Go look at the guys who made less than $4M last year in FA.  It's abysmal.

It's not that 3.6M gets you a specific player, but that additional 3.6M allows you to offer 8.0M to a FA prospect vs 4.5M.  It may allow you to pursue a player a tier up with the additional 3.6M you have to play with in 2019.

Now, whether that is what GB chooses to do is another matter.

I think you keep Perry and bite the financial bullet. With the emergence of Fackrel you could just use Perry like Peppers, an edge rusher on a pitch count because of durability. If they do cut him take that 3.6 mil and try to bring back Clay somehow,  he's a better playmaker in my book.

I don't understand how people can't make the math for this.

Nick Perry is absolutely worth 3.6 million dollars even if he played the way he played this year.

Since that's as much as you'll save cutting him, you keep him.  Simple as that.

You don't pay him 11 million dollars and he's suddenly out of the league, you pay him 11 million dollars and let him play for another team in the NFL. 

And on and on, more reasons, etc.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Nick Perry is absolutely worth 3.6 million dollars even if he played the way he played this year.

You don't pay him 11 million dollars and he's suddenly out of the league, you pay him 11 million dollars and let him play for another team in the NFL. 

You should know cutting any player from a fans viewpoint is mostly out of frustration. We're on the verge of missing the playoffs two straight years and with an healthy Rodgers. Fans are sick of Perry's unavailability and lack of production when healthy. You paid him you're stuck with him until his deal is up. All we can hope for is that he will at least live up to his contract over his last couple seasons.

28 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No way you can say he's worth 3.6 million based on his play this year. It's absolutely not true! Sometimes, you admit your mistake, cut bait and move on. IMO, this is one of those times. 

Just now, Golfman said:

No way you can say he's worth 3.6 million based on his play this year. It's absolutely not true! Sometimes, you admit your mistake, cut bait and move on. IMO, this is one of those times. 

Name one single improvement on Perry that is costs 3.6 million dollars or less.  One. 

2 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

Would have preferred Donnerson, but I can understand the move.  With the rate our injuries are going, Donnerson will get called up eventually anyways.

Donnerson is like Kofi Amichia and Allen Barbre.  Lots of tools to work with, but we have to see if they will work.  Right now, his best place is the PS.

47 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Name one single improvement on Perry that is costs 3.6 million dollars or less.  One. 

Kyler Fackrell, Reggie Gilbert combine their salary and it's still less. They both greatly out played him this year. There is really no debating that issue, but you will. I'm sure of it. 

Archived