Reuben Foster Arrested on Domestic Violence Charges in Florida

J-ALL-DAY

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Just curious, how does a 6th or 7th rounder trend towards being a bust? 

Foster being cut obviously makes the class a lot worse. As long as he stayed healthy and out of trouble he was going to be perennial Pro Bowler. 

The draft class definitely looked better at the end of last season than it does now. Though, I'd add Breida and Bourne as they were UDFAs from that year. 

Bust probably wasn't the right word there. I think useless might make more sense.

But yea Breida was a great pickup and also helps this class tremendously.

30 minutes ago, Geek said:

Bust probably wasn't the right word there. I think useless might make more sense.

But yea Breida was a great pickup and also helps this class tremendously.

Don't forget Bourne either. Obviously not setting the world on fire, but quality depth receiver and very good udfa pick up. Not sure how I'd classify mags yet. The fact that he's made the roster two straight years makes him a worthy udfa grab, but I don't think he is very good lol

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Good riddance to bad rubbish. I was fine with cutting him in February (or whenever it was). I'm glad we did it now. 

Yeah, had no choice now. It is what it is. He got his chance and went right back to her and here we are. 

14 minutes ago, Aussie9er said:

Had to go and glad 49ers wasted no time in doing it 

Atleast this is good for one thing i doubt we draft anyone with questionable character for awhile 

Maybe not this year because we have so few picks and they basically all need to work out, but I don't think it will affect that. If it does, it will likely be to our detriment. Good teams take chances on troubled talent, and good teams can rebound from a player like Foster. Truthfully, missing on the Solomon Thomas pick is the greater concern. Top 3 should be a no-brainer. Especially in a class that had quite a few no-brainers.

11 minutes ago, John232 said:

Breida, Taylor, Bourne and Kittle are saving an otherwise atrocious draft class.

Lynch should be sitting on a warm seat.

Not happening. Signed six year deals for a reason. And I'm not ready to count out Spoon. 

No doubt this is a huge offseason for Lynch though. Needs to make some game changing FA signings and hit on his draft picks. 

Spoon verdict still out,  but that drafts looks atrocious now. Missing in two first rounders, baaaadlly, and your third and fourth round picks (Beathard and Williams) is just a horrible look.

this past class isn’t doing anything to redeem him either, even with Warner and  Mcglinchey, but I’m not judging just yet. He has to hit this next draft out of the park if we want to be competitive next year.

Bye Reuben. You didn't make it hard to let you go, to be honest. What an idiot. And he looked like crap on the field too. What a waste... a waste on our part for investing so much in him, and on his part for taking all that athletic talent and throwing away millions of dollars. It's not often that I wish people bad things, but the guy deserves it. There were red flags, he was warned, he was given chances, and he still didn't change. F you, and so long.

Was Foster even playing well before this?  I only have PFF and the fact that he hadn't started the last two games to go on, but it doesn't look like he was playing well at all, and it actually looks like he was playing really bad football before this with a PFF rating of 40. 

Archived