49ers Reuben Foster arrested on domestic violence again (released claimed by Redskins)

49erurtaza

29 minutes ago, Slateman said:

They've been lying about this for a decade. I laughed. My Sister in Law tried to tell me that she was on the waiting list for years, and I was like, "Oh really? If there's a waiting list, why the heck did they rip out seats from the stadium?"

Really it's only WJFK at this point that pokes fun. 980 still acts like they're owned by them. None of the local TV stations actually care about their sports segments any more (RIP George Michael Sports Machine).  The national media doesn't pay too much attention, as this team is generally just bad.

It's fine. It's whatever. You're never going to take this from me:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OviAndHisCup/

I dunno. I hear quite a lot of critical stuff coming from the hosts during the day (I listen at work a lot)

4 hours ago, Slateman said:

I mean ... the petition would do nothing. Fans have stopped coming to the stadium. The players called fans out for it this season, and now I'm like, now you know why.

Petition just makes it clear what the reason is for fans not coming.

On 11/30/2018 at 11:44 AM, TXsteeler said:

Redskins fans should start a petition to force Snyder to sell the team, then stop giving them any money and only watch the games through means that give them worse ratings. And pressure your friends and family into doing this as well. If yall could get a serious community effort in where only a couple dozen thousand away fans show up for each game and nobody is buying merch for like 1.5 years he would be forced out in the middle of the second season.

You mean, like how the franchise is currently 26th in attendance but the fanbase is getting chided at by multiple players on the team that they don't support them? That "home" game for the Redskins regularly feel like road games because fans are selling their tickets to opposing fans because they don't want to go (outside of Dallas) to FedEx?

Petitions are meaningless. Owners don't give a crap about them. Only way that an owner is forced to sell the team is either they are financially strapped (like how the MLB almost forced Wilpon to sell the Mets) or they are so toxic to the league that they essentially stage a coup (see Donald Sterling and the LA Clippers). Outside of those narrow categories, the only way the ownership changes hands is the owner dies.

*looks up Daniel Snyder's wiki page*
*sees he just turned 54*

*SIGHS*

18 minutes ago, Woz said:

You mean, like how the franchise is currently 26th in attendance but the fanbase is getting chided at by multiple players on the team that they don't support them? That "home" game for the Redskins regularly feel like road games because fans are selling their tickets to opposing fans because they don't want to go (outside of Dallas) to FedEx?

Petitions are meaningless. Owners don't give a crap about them. Only way that an owner is forced to sell the team is either they are financially strapped (like how the MLB almost forced Wilpon to sell the Mets) or they are so toxic to the league that they essentially stage a coup (see Donald Sterling and the LA Clippers). Outside of those narrow categories, the only way the ownership changes hands is the owner dies.

*sees he just turned 54*

*SIGHS*

With his money, his life expectancy is probably in the 80s or 90s meaning you're looking at 30-40 years until he dies so you guys can turn it around. Now I'm not saying anything here, i'm just saying... some murderers get out in under 30 years. How badly do yall want another Superbowl?

On 11/30/2018 at 10:32 AM, GSUeagles14 said:

@Woz

"I would take a chance that a player with multiple arrests for battery and allegations of domestic violence might be good;
that his potential talent outweighs any potential criminal or civil issues he might be involved in because his projected
play on the field is all that matters; and that the massive upfront negative PR is completely immaterial because he
could ball out sometime in the future and is cheap.

There's no risk to this decision. Well, beyond the reputational harm to the franchise. And the outstanding question of
whether he is any good. Or how this reflects on the NFL as a whole with yet another player accused of domestic violence."

you putting words in my mouth... 

Am I now?

Let's see, you said:

On 11/29/2018 at 5:20 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

2. sure but reuben foster isnt some bum player. at worst hes a young guy who was drafted early and haa had one goos year and one bad one. if youre arguing he isnt talented then go for it. would love to see how someone would spin that.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:20 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

washington put a claim on a guy whose very talented and cheap (rrlative to nfl contracts), if things work in fosters favor he plays for washington. if it doesnt he gets cut (hopefully).

How is that not equivalent to saying "I would take a chance that a player with multiple arrests for batter and allegations of domestic violence might be good?

Or that:

On 11/29/2018 at 10:49 AM, GSUeagles14 said:

for about the 5th time, i dont care about whatever washington did in the past as it pertains specifically to this move.

you continually did not recognize that this was not an isolated incident for the franchise and that it looks horrible.

My opinion is really simple, an accusation only does not prove anything, period.

1. If it were a single accusation, then this might hold some weight. But it isn't a single accusation. It is the third one.
  2. As we saw from Kareem Hunt, one accusation is all that it takes to be removed from the privilege of playing football.

Even in a vacuum that should be true, then add in everything else we know with the two peoples involved relationship. Hes not playing while this is being investigated nor should he, if hes guilty in some way you cut him and if hes not then you keep him. Weird thought right, things like due process?

Everyone keeps wrapping themselves up in "due process." Due process only pertains to when you are arrested by the government.

and youre also wrong about how businesses work. I can go and make 10 accusations towards someone in upper mgmt of different companies and i promise you not one would act before doing some kind of investigation to see if its true. Thats how it should work, im actually shocked that this has to be an ongoing argument.

If the person you are accusing happened to have a really good track record, then yeah, they would investigate before acting.

However, if the person you are accusing happens to have blemishes on the record and/or similar incidents in the past, you think the company wouldn't drop them like a hot potato? Remember, Foster was fired by the 49ers. There was no due process there. They said "nope, we're done." There was nothing forcing the Redskins to put in a waiver claim for him; they made the choice to give him the privilege of playing football. And as such, should be excoriated for doing it.

as far as his talent and how he helps the redskins, you can be talented without being a productive nfl player.

So, he's talented but unproductive? There are tons of players who that applies to. You know what happens to most of them? They wash out in short order. If that is the case, why then put in a claim for a guy who is just going to take up a roster spot but give your franchise a PR nightmare?

Hes talented regardless and hes under contract for multiple year. IF it turns out foster gets cleared, Washington has a very talented player to work with.

Had he been cleared while sitting at home and the Redskins signed him as a street free agent, then okay, sure.

They put a waiver claim in on him before ANY investigation was done.

In regards to this year, as ive already mentioned, it appears most media has moved away from this in only 2 days. Players are getting asked about Mccoy and Smiths injury as well, that wont be to blame IF the redskins lose either. as i already said, to try and scapegoat the foster signing if they were to lose is laughable.

1. So, the fact that it isn't a story anymore is something to celebrate?
  2. You think it was helpful for the team to have this suddenly land in the midst of their preparation? Injuries to existing teammates are different that an unnecessary PR explosion.

34 minutes ago, Woz said:

*sees he just turned 54*

*SIGHS*

The answer here is to Sterling him. And let's be honest here, that's a layup. 

41 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The answer here is to Sterling him. And let's be honest here, that's a layup. 

Snyder's a classless piece of you know what, but there's no smoking gun like Sterling had on him.  Snyder will never be forced out of his ownership unless he does something much worse.  

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Snyder's a classless piece of you know what, but there's no smoking gun like Sterling had on him.  Snyder will never be forced out of his ownership unless he does something much worse.  

How to Sterling Daniel James Snyder:
Step 1. Record him without his knowledge
Step 2. Have a conversation with him that he thinks is private about literally anything for 5 minutes

You'll have enough to bury him.

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Unfortunately, I suspect MK is right ...

30 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

With his money, his life expectancy is probably in the 80s or 90s meaning you're looking at 30-40 years until he dies so you guys can turn it around. Now I'm not saying anything here, i'm just saying... some murderers get out in under 30 years. How badly do yall want another Superbowl?

1. We're well aware of the actuarial tables. It's why a bunch of us are somewhat hopeless.
  2. Not that badly.
  3. This assumes that any decision Snyder makes actually leads the Redskins towards a Super Bowl. After twenty plus years of ownership, what have you seen that I've missed that makes you think that is the case?

1 minute ago, Woz said:

This assumes that any decision Snyder makes actually leads the Redskins towards a Super Bowl. After twenty plus years of ownership, what have you seen that I've missed that makes you think that is the case?

I believe he was subtlety (maybe not subtlety?) hinting that you should murder Snyder yourself, and that you'd only serve a 30 year prison sentence,  which may be shorter than Snyder's ownership if he lived. 

4 minutes ago, Woz said:

This assumes that any decision Snyder makes actually leads the Redskins towards a Super Bowl. After twenty plus years of ownership, what have you seen that I've missed that makes you think that is the case?

What did I say to indicate I thought this?

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I believe he was subtlety (maybe not subtlety?) hinting that you should murder Snyder yourself, and that you'd only serve a 30 year prison sentence,  which may be shorter than Snyder's ownership if he lived. 

There was perhaps a hint of subtlety, along with the mint and thyme.

Archived