49ers Reuben Foster arrested on domestic violence again (released claimed by Redskins)

49erurtaza

If you are going to argue solely from the perspective of this one tree and ignore the grove around it (with regards to Foster) or the forest in which it lives (the moves of this franchise going back 20 years), okay. Good day, then.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

If they're making money from it, they don't really care if the bar is empty or packed.

Yeah but advertisers (the bottom line of TV) pay out based on what they assume the value is of the eyes on their products, they gauge this through research and ratings to account for the number of eyes. Things like this can throw the ratings off.

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

That costs them money. Getting monstrously large broadcast right fees from Fox, CBS, NBC, ESPN, and now Amazon is so much easier.

Then there's NFL Sunday Ticket.

Those broadcasters are paying those monster fees and still making bank on top. Cut them out and keep their profits for yourself. It's not like the NFL doesn't have the capital to develop this sort of system over time.

39 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Yeah but advertisers (the bottom line of TV) pay out based on what they assume the value is of the eyes on their products, they gauge this through research and ratings to account for the number of eyes. Things like this can throw the ratings off.

I suspect the counter-argument might be "if the bar can afford the re-broadcast rights that means they're making a certain amount of money per table, and thus you can assume that there are enough viewers there for you message to get through." (*)

(*) Ignoring the fact that there are usually so many TVs that the viewer can switch their attention/radio box to a game that isn't on commercial break (or turn the sound off). But that's the same issue advertisers have in residential households.

31 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Those broadcasters are paying those monster fees and still making bank on top. Cut them out and keep their profits for yourself. It's not like the NFL doesn't have the capital to develop this sort of system over time.

1. It takes A LOT of work and revenue to get a system like that up and running. There's a reason why there are only a couple of potential competitors to Netflix, and they're all backed by more traditional media companies (Hulu, SlingTV, DirecTV Now) or major players in tech fields (YouTubeTV, Amazon, Playstation Now). It requires a ton to get it set up and to keep it working ... and they screw it up from time to time.
  2. If you do it yourself, you cannot create the competition where Fox bids against NBC who bids against CBS who bids against ABC/Disney ... who all get surprised when Amazon comes into the game. It's the Microsoft model from back when PCs were relevant: be platform agnostic, but what everyone wants to run.

12 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2809507-reuben-fosters-ex-girlfriend-talks-alleged-assault-lb-being-signed-by-redskins 

Per Julia Jacobo of GMA, Ennis said she suffered a concussion as a result of the alleged assault. 

If you watch the video it has pictures of her neck and face after the assault.  

The story at one point was that she got in a fight with another woman, came home beat up. He broke up with her and she flipped out and claimed the bruises were from him. 

Apparently there was a video of her fighting the other woman that never went public. 

She said she wanted to hurt him.. now she's making money doing interviews... 

Oh and she also went to jail previously for falsly accusing another male before she started dating Ruben. 

Why should anyone believe anything she says when she is constantly changing her story?? 

saying "I lied about lying" doesn't make me believe that this current story is the truth

7 hours ago, N4L said:

The story at one point was that she got in a fight with another woman, came home beat up. He broke up with her and she flipped out and claimed the bruises were from him. 

Apparently there was a video of her fighting the other woman that never went public. 

Oh and she also went to jail previously for falsly accusing another male before she started dating Ruben. 

Why should anyone believe anything she says when she is constantly changing her story?? 

saying "I lied about lying" doesn't make me believe that this current story is the truth

To be fair we’ve seen women lie to protect their spouse. Foster is a millionaire who could potentially use the best lawyers money could buy, she’d deal with tons of scrutiny and harassment for fans 

8 hours ago, N4L said:

She's a woman so no one can see this side of things. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

She's a woman so no one can see this side of things. 

Its crazy how easy it is to be vilified in the court of public opinion these days.

I keep repeating this because people don't seem to understand:

She went to jail for falsely accusing an ex-boyfriend of domestic violence, BEFORE she started dating Ruben Foster. How often does that happen? It has to be 1/100 of reported DM cases

• 4 weeks later...

LOL charges conveniently dropped.  I’ve never seen this one from him before

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And the domestic violence charge got dropped. Foster still needs to get his shoulder fixed and that only comes with surgery, but if he is healthy to go next season, the Redskins just got an All Pro potential LB. Congrats.

Maybe the case, but let’s not blame the 49ers for giving up on him.  They were more than justified in cutting bait with him before letting due process play out because they had seen this song and dance before.  Maybe if this wasn’t a continuous pattern with him it would be different (much like it was the first time), but something tells me this won’t be the last we hear of Foster in the news

Just now, footbull3196 said:

LOL charges conveniently dropped.  I’ve never seen this one from him before

Maybe the case, but let’s not blame the 49ers for giving up on him.  They were more than justified in cutting bait with him before letting due process play out because they had seen this song and dance before.  Maybe if this wasn’t a continuous pattern with him it would be different (much like it was the first time), but something tells me this won’t be the last we hear of Foster in the news

I never said the 49ers were not right for cutting him. Shanahan specifically said even if the allegations weren't true, they had to make this move since Foster didn't comply with their instructions. He was told to NOT have a contact with her as it results in nothing but trouble, and what does he do? Goes right back to her despite what happened in the summer. You never want to take DV allegations lightly and we all know how victims often times backtrack to save their abusing spouses/boyfriends, but she clearly seems like a psycho. FFS, she actually went to jail once for falsely accusing another man of domestic violence. Unless he gets rid of her in his life for good, these incidents will continue to pop up. 

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I never said the 49ers were not right for cutting him. Shanahan specifically said even if the allegations weren't true, they had to make this move since Foster didn't comply with their instructions. He was told to NOT have a contact with her as it results in nothing but trouble, and what does he do? Goes right back to her despite what happened in the summer. You never want to take DV allegations lightly and we all know how victims often times backtrack to save their abusing spouses/boyfriends, but she clearly seems like a psycho. FFS, she actually went to jail once for falsely accusing another man of domestic violence. Unless he gets rid of her in his life for good, these incidents will continue to pop up. 

Agreed on all points.  Even if there is truth to her being crazy, he had to have known by this point that nothing good would have come from going back to her.  If he doesn’t get it by this point and gets involved with her yet again at this point in time (especially after she went on national news and said that she lied to protect him) then there truly is no helping him and his career 

we still dont know what happened as not much mwaningful has come out, however it seems telling tbat they dropped the case and the girl wanted to participate. usually (at least that im aware of) when they drop the charges its because the accuser doesnt want to help.

Archived