49ers Reuben Foster arrested on domestic violence again (released claimed by Redskins)

49erurtaza

12 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Someone I know said he was never convicted of that....That person owns him in fantasy.

The lengths people will go to to justify their teams/players/whatever is truly fascinating. I wonder what the hard limit is for some people. 

A lot of my friends are casual NFL fans, none of them even knew about it (until I told them). People and the media just ignore it because he's a great player. 

Would have been interesting to see the Ray Rice situation play out if he didn't average like 2 ypc the year before.

14 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Or we could’ve employed Bill Romanowski for years. Or drafted Maurice Clarett. Everybody’s favorite team does stupid stuff. Yours isn’t excluded. 

We don't have a literal slur as our team name. You guys are a disgrace and a black eye on the NFL as a whole.

2 hours ago, canucks9314 said:

For real. People never even talk about what Tyreke Hill did..

The difference with Hill is that it was a one time offense. He did what the judge ordered and then some. He’s now engaged to her and they have worked out their issues. He’s been nothing but a role model citizen since then. 

Foster has been just about the opposite. 

And that’s my only post on the subject. 

3 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Still curious how he has not been banned yet even after having charges brought against him on top of being arrested while Zeke having no arrests and no charges was suspended for 6 games?

Because the NFL can do what it wants on this matter.

12 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Still curious how he has not been banned yet even after having charges brought against him on top of being arrested while Zeke having no arrests and no charges was suspended for 6 games?

8 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Because the NFL can do what it wants on this matter.

He's actually on the Exempt list, so he's ineligible to play.  So in effect, the NFL is enforcing a de facto suspension - they just will decide how long it is later on (and credit him for time served, and reimburse him game cheques in the VERY unlikely scenario that he gets a suspension that is shorter than the time served).  

It doesn't negate the 2nd post, though - the NFL can do pretty much whatever they want here.  I just don't happen to disagree with the course of action taken in this case whatsoever, but the flaw in the process is still there.

Total sidebar - I didn't realize the team actually sold Sean Taylor plush dolls.   That's really, really, really bad.  SMH.

The ironic part is that they are basically going to let Foster serve whatever penalty he gets, and then hope it's not a lifetime ban type deal (and again, no reason to believe the NFL will be consistent here - as Foster was arrested once, they can really treat him any way they want to, if they say he's a repeat offender - yes I know charges were dropped and it was believed to be completely bogus, but the legal standard does not apply here).    It could be he never plays another game ever again.   But the 'Skins are going to take the PR risk anyways.  SMH.

Just now, Slateman said:

I mean, I thought we'd already established that Snyder was a scumbag.

Yet again ... I don't understand how a man who made his millions doing marketing and PR could be so effing bad at it.

Archived