POST GAME GB at MIN week 12 (24-17 Loss, 4-6-1)

squire12

GB needs 

2 safeties

See what they have in Jackson and what type of coverage he can play well, or if a move to safety is needed.

Several DL and Edge players

See what Burks has and if he can be an ILB for the future

RG and depth along the OL

See what Tonyan has as a possible TE 

Slot WR, but that should be doable with cap space or a mid round pick

I'd actually fire Mac tomorrow. Not because I'm so disgusted or anything but because he's going to fight tooth and nail to win and that means playing Daniels, Cobb, Matthews, Tramon, etc.

Put Pettine in charge and play the young WRs, Tonyan, Adams, Looney, etc. See if we have anything there or if they suck ha.

+Defensive Line.  Kenny Clark and a group of nobodies held up very well against the run, and even managed to get a couple of sacks and TFLs.

+Equanimeous St. Brown.  Started the game off well.  Disappeared after hurting his elbow.  Hopefully, the good play is a sign of things to come.

-Everything else.  Everything.

I'd also fire Mike ASAP. I do not expect it one bit, but this season is a lost cause, just like last year. Two straight seasons of player packing it in before the season ends is a bad thing to get habituated into.

Sack the HC, send a message to the players, get them to play for some damn pride at this point.

Also, letting the whole (football coaching) world know that the HC position in Green Bay is vacant this season and get some of the top candidates thinking/interested early.

2 for 10 on 3rd down offense, which leads to 51 total plays.  That is some brutal offense.  Outside of the 2 TD drives, there was nothing on offense that was positive until the 2 minute offense in the 4th quarter.

There is just rarely any easy conversions for this team.  

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

2 for 10 on 3rd down offense, which leads to 51 total plays.  That is some brutal offense.  Outside of the 2 TD drives, there was nothing on offense that was positive until the 2 minute offense in the 4th quarter.

There is just rarely any easy conversions for this team.  

Probably as bad for us on defense I suspect.  We’re just a bad third down team on both sides of the ball.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'd actually fire Mac tomorrow. Not because I'm so disgusted or anything but because he's going to fight tooth and nail to win and that means playing Daniels, Cobb, Matthews, Tramon, etc.

Put Pettine in charge and play the young WRs, Tonyan, Adams, Looney, etc. See if we have anything there or if they suck ha.

Just an opinion, I think if Pettine was the interim HC he'd want the gig even if he said he didn't want it.  Kinda hard to go from interim HC to returning to being a coordinator IMO.  IF they moved on from Mac, I'd probably give Philbin the nod.

Archived