POST GAME GB at MIN week 12 (24-17 Loss, 4-6-1)

squire12

7 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't like the midseason firing.  If the replacement does well, you are almost forced to make them the HC moving forward, instead of running a full hiring process in the offseason.

That's what sucks. I don't want Pettine

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

We've got Adams plus a bunch of kids at WR. We've got the "Over the Hill" gang at TE. We've got only one quality RB. And the IOL looks like a sieve. Why is it so hard to understand why the offense is so inconsistent? 

Well the easy answer is the guy getting paid like the best player in the league has way more than enough to work with to be better than we are on that side of the ball.

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Well the easy answer is the guy getting paid like the best player in the league has way more than enough to work with to be better than we are on that side of the ball.

The proof, as they say, is in the pudding. After loses to LA, NE, Seattle, and now MN, the data indicate that there is not enough talent around Rodgers. I'm not defending MM. I consider MM a slightly above average coach with a passing game philosophy that the TV football people tonight were saying is pretty weak. The offense sucks because it lacks talent and because the passing offensive scheme is weak. I've been saying since training camp that another veteran WR was needed. And throughout the pre-season the combination of Bell and McCray was looking like a disaster waiting to happen. A lot of posters here were scratching their heads about the Jimmy Graham signing too. Seems his legs were gone. So no, the mess on the offensive side of the ball was entirely predictable. Perhaps MM and his offensive staff were full of enough hubris that they thought they could make it work, given they had ARod. I don't know. But it didn't work. What's needed is a talent infusion on offense and a new HC/OC.

I think WR has to be one of the more exciting groups on the team.  MVS, EQ, and even Moore have shown some pretty fun flashes.  Kumerow had a great pre-season as well (even though that might not mean much).  Combine that with Adams and you'd think we have a pretty good group going forward.  The guards have to be the focus in the off-season on that side of the ball.  

Archived