Rest of the 2018 Season

TheOnlyThing

13 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I've seen ridiculous "questions posed for discussion purposes" called a different name many times. Trolling. The quick backtracking you did right after you started getting answers indicates you asked the question to get a rise out of people. Aka - trolling. You didn't even believe Rodgers to be anything other than the best QB in the division so why ask the ridiculous question? Answer - trolling.

Leader is anything but.  We've been on the same boards for quite some time and I've yet to see him trolling anyone.  Trust me, I know a thing or two about the subject.

18 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

With the competitive portion of this season over, it would be nice to see some players get some more time and some others to get less time.

Continue to sit Cobb, play ESB, MVS, Moore, and Kumerow.

Sit Kendricks and play Tonyan.

Shut Daniels down and see if Montravius Adams and Lancaster can play.

Reduce Clay’s role and play Gilbert and Donnerson.

Get Burks on the field.

Get Brice off the field and see if there is anything to Campbell or Green.

Who else you got?

I'm not sure the coaching staff will even have an option with most of these decisions.  It certainly appears that Davis, Cobb, Daniels and Brice are going to be out for an extended amount of time.

I've been pleasantly surprised by Campbell.  He's played well given the fact that he was added just a few weeks ago.  I'd also love to see Tonyan given more opportunities.  

At some point (once we really are mathematically out) I'd like to see McCray get more time.  

6 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Leader is anything but.  We've been on the same boards for quite some time and I've yet to see him trolling anyone.  Trust me, I know a thing or two about the subject.

I'm not here often but even I know he's not a troll. I just think some here are getting carried away with the blame Rodgers narrative. Intelligent people are saying and suggesting things they'll look quite foolish for once McCarthy is replaced.

3 hours ago, Golfman said:

OMG! In spite of his off year he's light years ahead of anybody in the division. WOW! 

He still makes Aaron Rodgers plays, but honest - I'm concerned with those ducks that he's put out to the flats the last 2 weeks.  I think his arm strength is declining and his mind hasn't figured out his own physical limitations yet.  

Now, if he sets his feet he absolutely makes every throw.  But he hasn't done that for years.  He needs an off-season to train with his 34 year old body and make adjustments to those throws that he used to be able to make with a flick of the wrist.

3 minutes ago, Cheech said:

He still makes Aaron Rodgers plays, but honest - I'm concerned with those ducks that he's put out to the flats the last 2 weeks.  I think his arm strength is declining and his mind hasn't figured out his own physical limitations yet.  

Now, if he sets his feet he absolutely makes every throw.  But he hasn't done that for years.  He needs an off-season to train with his 34 year old body and make adjustments to those throws that he used to be able to make with a flick of the wrist.

Absolutely! So for a year who are you taking Rodgers, Trubisky or Cousins? Heck, Stafford has had an off year, but I'm taking him #2. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It doesn't matter who the coach is in 2019, we should expect to see apparent improvement in Rodgers for a couple of reasons: health and improvement by the young pass-catchers.

Contingent upon Rodgers getting his fundamentals in order. That miss to a wide open Adams was just poor fundamentals. He had time to set his feet and deliver that ball. He didn't and consequently, missed an important throw. 

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Contingent upon Rodgers getting his fundamentals in order. That miss to a wide open Adams was just poor fundamentals. He had time to set his feet and deliver that ball. He didn't and consequently, missed an important throw. 

If Rodgers is not getting his fundamentals in order these past few weeks that is damning to both Mac and our QB coach.  As I've said in other threads - EVERY player, even the great Tom Brady, need coaching.  I don't buy for a moment Aaron wouldn't be responsive to a new approach by a new HC and scheme either.  I suspect a change might be the elixir to get AR to play up to his considerable skills again.

13 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Absolutely! So for a year who are you taking Rodgers, Trubisky or Cousins? Heck, Stafford has had an off year, but I'm taking him #2. 

Without a doubt I'm all in on 12.  Just don't want to see him try to do what he likely shouldn't.  

30 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Thanks Cheech.....now about Trevor Davis :)

4 minutes ago, Pugger said:

If Rodgers is not getting his fundamentals in order these past few weeks that is damning to both Mac and our QB coach.  As I've said in other threads - EVERY player, even the great Tom Brady, need coaching.  I don't buy for a moment Aaron wouldn't be responsive to a new approach by a new HC and scheme either.  I suspect a change might be the elixir to get AR to play up to his considerable skills again.

The simple fact of implementing a new scheme will require more practice reps which help Rodgers get his timing down with these receivers. There's nowhere to go but up in almost every regard.

1 hour ago, Mr Anonymous said:

I've seen ridiculous "questions posed for discussion purposes" called a different name many times. Trolling. The quick backtracking you did right after you started getting answers indicates you asked the question to get a rise out of people. Aka - trolling. You didn't even believe Rodgers to be anything other than the best QB in the division so why ask the ridiculous question? Answer - trolling.

Don't be ridiculous.  While I don't think it's a great question, AR12 has been pretty clearly the 3rd best QB in the division.  If he plays better the offense isn't the dumpster fire it's been for long perdiods of time.  While it's not all his fault, he is at fault.  He's had easily his worst year as a pro  and hasn't been the difference maker on offense that he's being paid to be.

Screaming troll when you don't agree with something is petty and childish.  

6 minutes ago, SSG said:

Don't be ridiculous.  While I don't think it's a great question, AR12 has been pretty clearly the 3rd best QB in the division.  If he plays better the offense isn't the dumpster fire it's been for long perdiods of time.  While it's not all his fault, he is at fault.  He's had easily his worst year as a pro  and hasn't been the difference maker on offense that he's being paid to be.

Screaming troll when you don't agree with something is petty and childish.  

Noted. Btw, the question he posed wasn't if AR was playing like the 3rd best QB in the division. He asked if Rodgers IS the 3rd best QB in the division. And that is a ridiculous question which Leader immediately backtracked from.

15 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Noted. Btw, the question he posed wasn't if AR was playing like the 3rd best QB in the division. He asked if Rodgers IS the 3rd best QB in the division. And that is a ridiculous question which Leader immediately backtracked from.

I didnt backtrack on anything because there was no need. I asked if people thought if AR was the 3rd best QB in the Division. If they didnt think so - why?
Its nothing more than a call for others to express their opinion.

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

I didnt backtrack on anything because there was no need. I asked if people thought if AR was the 3rd best QB in the Division. If they didnt think so - why?
Its nothing more than a call for others to express their opinion.

Sure you did. You agreed immediately with someone who said he's "much better talent wise" than the other QBs which is a complete backpedal from the notion that he could be the 3rd best QB in the division. Which is it? You, I, and every sensible person here know that he's the best QB in the division which is why the question as posed was poorly worded bait at best.

Archived