QB’s with the best/worst body language

DirtyDez

55 minutes ago, imDelusional said:

Just going off the OP, I don't really see it from Flacco or Dalton, but I'll admit I'm not really paying that close of attention. Seeing Rivers on the "best" list surprised me, I feel like he's pretty whiney when things go bad. Also, as a few other have already mentioned, Eli Manning is pretty bad and I think Big Ben is up there, too. 

Mariota never sulks or gets demonstratively bad with his receivers, even though our offense is hot garbage, so I'm gonna throw in the homer pick there because I'm a Titans fan. I also think Bortles deserves some props in this particular category because as bad as it can get for him (or as good), he's always pretty even keel. 

I feel like Ben just doesnt care.

Presnap thought: "i wonder if i should have pizza or steak for dinner?"

Throws a pick and thinks "Yeah pizza sounds good"

Sometimes he just has an "awe f*** it" look on his face and throws an awful pass without a care in the world.

1 hour ago, riceman80 said:

I feel like Ben just doesnt care.

Presnap thought: "i wonder if i should have pizza or steak for dinner?"

Throws a pick and thinks "Yeah pizza sounds good"

Sometimes he just has an "awe f*** it" look on his face and throws an awful pass without a care in the world.

I had a similar impression. I am not  sure what he is thinking on some of these INT's  but it's not the time to allow it to become a habit.  There was a time that in the playoffs the team that won the TO battle won the game, it's not something that most teams can allow and still win. Maybe the care free appearance is a result of benign the league for 14 years and  the been there done this mentality?

7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

In Rodgers case, can you blame him for being ticked off? Watching a HOF QB waste away his talent due to an incompetent front office (for years) and coaching staff has not been good for his legacy. Then again, you'd expect that HOF QB to carry or prop up those around him.

It wasn’t too long ago everyone was screaming the Packer had the best front office in the league

7 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

In Rodgers case, can you blame him for being ticked off? Watching a HOF QB waste away his talent due to an incompetent front office (for years) and coaching staff has not been good for his legacy. Then again, you'd expect that HOF QB to carry or prop up those around him.

Is the GB front-office incompetent? That seems a bit strong. They've put together one of the better OL's in the league. Adams and Cobb are good WRs, they signed good TEs to help in the RZ this year. Their backfield is nothing special, but nothing hideous either. Their defense is middle of the pack, 12th in scoring, 16th in yards. It's not like the team is dreadful.

Coaching wise, I can't say.

The Newton one is dated. But let’s zero in here:

Newton was bad because he sulked and looked despondent.

Derek Anderson was bad because he was joking on the sidelines in Arizona (the “I take this **** serious” game).

Eli is bad because he has that same lobotmized look no matter what’s happening.

So you’re not allowed to do those things. What does that leave?  Grim determination?  Getting fired up, but not TOO fired up (Rodgers spiking the iPad)?

8 hours ago, N4L said:

How on Earth has Eli manning not been mentioned under the worst body language in football? 

Body language IS a real thing, and people subconsciously pick up on certain cues from the people around them. When you are tasked with being a leader, and the guy that the team is supposed to rally around, body language DOES MATTER. It has to do with how your teammates respond to your leadership in times of peril/stress. 

Why do you think they called Joe Montana 'Joe Cool'? Do you think it was because he drove a fancy car or wore his sunglasses inside? It was partly due to his overall calm demeanor aka his body language

Any job where you're dependent on others for success it's going to matter. I don't get how people pretend otherwise. Granted in football you can always immediately turn things around so a lot of things can be ignored. I don't know why people are acting like it doesn't affect the team in anyway possible. 

On 11/25/2018 at 9:07 PM, evilpimp972 said:

Rivers is so funny, I always watch the game wondering when he will get mad, never change Philip

You can’t make this list without Rivers. Whether he is on the best or worst list is an opinion but he should be top five on one of those lists to everyone.

Also big shout out to Donovan’s Mcnabb for that time he cost TO his super bowl ring. 

On 11/25/2018 at 11:06 PM, iknowcool said:

Maybe if this was 2012.  Cam Newton's body language is much improved nowadays and he's always on the sidelines dapping up his teammates and cheering them on (did it last week after Gano choked twice).  He was never a bad leader IMO, but he's come along way as a guy you can rely on to be energetic and optimistic on the field and off it.  

Not really sure about Flacco or Dalton since I don't pay attention to how they act, but I'd agree with Rodgers.  Dude always seems ticked off.  I feel like it hasn't always been like that.

He’s still very up or down. If he’s up he’s standing on tables energizing the crowd and cheering on his teammates. If he’s losing he’s slouching on the bench with his towel over his head looking like ET. I’ve seen it every year since he’s been in the league. 

Eli has horrible body language. Odd dude. 

On 11/26/2018 at 12:11 AM, vikingsrule said:

Yes.

Archived