Win out, make the playoffs

bucsfan333

51 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

If they win again Carolina and New Orleans back to back. Then I’ll buy. Until then, we beat a team worse then us. 

It's a tall order. And we currently have less than a 1% chance to make the playoffs. But if we can build on a good win, no matter who it was against, we have a small chance.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's a tall order. And we currently have less than a 1% chance to make the playoffs. But if we can build on a good win, no matter who it was against, we have a small chance.

I think some are getting a little too built up on hype over a team that had an average roster that’s on IR. Their QB who played at an elite level last year has been out since the first qtr of the season. 

Our problem is we put games like this together once every 4 games which gives you a 4 win team. Maybe 5. 

34 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I think some are getting a little too built up on hype over a team that had an average roster that’s on IR. Their QB who played at an elite level last year has been out since the first qtr of the season. 

Our problem is we put games like this together once every 4 games which gives you a 4 win team. Maybe 5. 

We won five in a row (against some really good teams) in 2016. Albeit, it was on the back of a ridiculous defensive run, one that seems impossible with how we've played this year. But we have done it.

Just gotta take it one game at a time.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

We won five in a row (against some really good teams) in 2016. Albeit, it was on the back of a ridiculous defensive run, one that seems impossible with how we've played this year. But we have done it.

Just gotta take it one game at a time.

At that time the defense outperformed the offense creating turnovers etc. 

winning 5 in a row gives Dirk Koetter and Jason Licht life again. Idk if I wanna see them back. 

Here’s what I do agree with on Dirk. Benching jameis was good for Jameis. Maybe it wakes him and to say not only is this your Bucs future but no team wants an Nfl starting qb giving the ball away like that bc the coaches job security isn’t good in the nfl these days. 

Not only that but being suspended at his own doing and coming back playing like garbage, the benching was warranted. 

9 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

The biggest question is, if we win out, do Licht and Koetter survive?

No chance for Koetter, maybe for Licht.  Koetter is responsible for his staff.  He doesn't get extra credit for benching Winston and him playing better.  Once he inserted Fitz over Winston against Carolina, he had to make the playoffs with Fitz.  Winston started the carousel with the suspension, Koetter continued it to his detriment from the Carolina to Giants game.  

16 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

No chance for Koetter, maybe for Licht.  Koetter is responsible for his staff.  He doesn't get extra credit for benching Winston and him playing better.  Once he inserted Fitz over Winston against Carolina, he had to make the playoffs with Fitz.  Winston started the carousel with the suspension, Koetter continued it to his detriment from the Carolina to Giants game.  

Koetter benching Winston could have been the best thing for Winston’s career if he starts to turn things around. 

Bwfore the benching he had what 70 giveaways in less than 4 years. At that rate he needed a wake up call 

45 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I agree Koetter is done, but if we go 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs (the most unlikely outcome), then he might just be saved.

I don’t think he handled the QB situation as well as he could have done. Fitz has no business starting the Giants game. 

If it all turns out fine in the end, he should get credit for eventually making the right decision at QB and for firing the Smith (even if he just signed off on it).

Balance that against his habit for stubbornness and inability to build a competent running game and you’ve got yourself a reasonably tough call.

I just don’t see him being back next season and Sunday will probably be the final nail in that coffin.

28 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

I agree Koetter is done, but if we go 9-7 and sneak into the playoffs (the most unlikely outcome), then he might just be saved.

I don’t think he handled the QB situation as well as he could have done. Fitz has no business starting the Giants game. 

If it all turns out fine in the end, he should get credit for eventually making the right decision at QB and for firing the Smith (even if he just signed off on it).

Balance that against his habit for stubbornness and inability to build a competent running game and you’ve got yourself a reasonably tough call.

I just don’t see him being back next season and Sunday will probably be the final nail in that coffin.

I still think 3-2 is a reasonable goal the rest of the way.  The entire regime has gotten 3 years to prove worth.  A decent amount of them more then 3 years.  That amount of time is an eternity to prove worth without a playoff appearance in the NFL.

The only question left is Monken.  Do the Glazers fear losing him?  This was his first year calling plays in the pros?  Can he get even better?  Was the deck stacked in his favor with all the talent?  Koetter s stupid move stripping him of play calling against Washington only helped Monken s case.  

The Glazers have seen a bunch of assistants spend time in Tampa and move up the ladder to be quality head coaches.  I would argue Monken right now has a better resume to be an NFL head coach right now then guys like DeFilipio, Bieniemy, and LaFleur.  I know the definition of insanity.  However, wouldn t it be such a #ItsABucsLife to hire the wrong OC internally, and let the right OC go and do great things when he led the most prolific offense in your teams history? Still very complicated.

1 hour ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I mean not saying 9-7 does koetter in but mike murlarkey won a playoff game and got axed

I think it ultimately comes down to if the Glazers believe that Koetter has lost the locker room.  If so, you have to move on as you can't repair that issue unless he goes out and win a title or something crazy.

10 minutes ago, YoungBucs15 said:

I think it ultimately comes down to if the Glazers believe that Koetter has lost the locker room.  If so, you have to move on as you can't repair that issue unless he goes out and win a title or something crazy.

I don't think he has. We've gotten down big a few times this year and fought back every time but once.

Archived