Are we at the end of the Rhodes...?

vike daddy

Dr. David Chao, a doctor that generally tends to be accurate when it comes to injuries like this, seems to think that Rhodes has suffered one of the few hamstring injuries that would actually require surgery. If that’s the case, it would certainly end Rhodes’ season.

David J. Chao, MD✔@ProFootballDoc

Based on the position of injury, worry for proximal hamstring avulsion injury. If true, it is one of the few hamstring injuries that require surgery.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2018/11/25/18112146/xavier-rhodes-suffers-potentially-serious-hamstring-injury-minnesota-vikings

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

I’m not a doctor, but a major hamstring injury that requires surgery, on an expensive, not-young player, at a position where speed and explosiveness is key, is a big worry. 

Ove never heard of a hamstring needing surgery, but considering that is pretty much the biggest muscle in the body... not good

5 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Other than leaving Adams wide open, he's been solid I think

He got fooled badly on that play, but for the most part yes...he can't do that against Tom Brady though (and he wouldn't have got away with it against Rodgers if Rhodes had gotten injured earlier in the game).

4 minutes ago, Freakish Mind said:

Good Gawd.....I'm currently zero percent worried about this injury.   He'll be back with us in a week or two.  I'm no doctor, but that is just my guess given this players history.

He's played through some nagging injuries in the past, but he never really has looked in as much pain as he did last night.  

Honestly, he hasn't been the same corner this year - whether it's injury or something else going on I couldn't say. I think, for cap reasons, he's on the team next year, but the year after when we have to make a decision on Waynes' long term future... based on this season I'm siding with Trae

• Like 2