Week 13: VIKINGS (6-4-1) at Patriots (8-3)

swede700

NFL_Vikings_zpsce61d576.gif at NFL_Patriots.gif

When: 4:25 PM EST December 2nd

Where: Gillette Stadium (Foxboro, MA)

TV/Radio: Fox (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Announcers:  Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Erin Andrews (TV); Paul Allen, Pete Bercich, Greg Coleman, Ben Leber (Radio)

Coverage Map:  http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=13

Notable Injuries:

Vikings - Questionable: WR Stefon Diggs (knee), WR Brandon Zylstra (), CB Xavier Rhodes (hamstring), CB Mackensie Alexander (knee)  , Doubtful: None, Out: WR Chad Beebe (hamstring)

Patriots - Questionable: None , Doubtful: None, Out: TE Dwayne Allen (knee)

Please keep all discussion about the game here.

39 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

We have yet to beat a winning team this year.

So, something has to give, right? Right?!?

While they haven't quite got over the hump against them this year, I like the prospects for 2019 especially, even if it doesn't work out this year.  Year 2 in this offense should lead to more consistency.  I still don't believe they'll win this game, but I think they have a shot if the defense can keep it close, especially considering Cousins' ability to play outdoors (which he didn't do last week, but has played better in the past).  

2 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

New England looks very beatable right now.

If the Vikings play like they did against Green Bay, I very much like our chances. 

I agree.

They haven't looked impressive the last 4-5 games. They got destroyed by a meh Tennessee team. Could barely beat a bad Jets team yesterday.

We just need to overcome the stigma of it being the Patriots.

18 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I agree.

They haven't looked impressive the last 4-5 games. They got destroyed by a meh Tennessee team. Could barely beat a bad Jets team yesterday.

Key difference: Both of those games were on the road.

21 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Key difference: Both of those games were on the road.

Yep. That's certainly a difference but to lose embarrassingly on the road and couldn't put away Josh McCown until late in the 4th on the road has something to say about the way they've been playing as well.

Also if you remember, they played bad football against Green Bay for 3 of 4 quarters in their last home game as well. I've watched maybe 7 full Patriots games this year and their last 4 haven't been impressive in the least given who they played.

Obviously Foxboro is a tough place to play but it's a winnable game unlike years past. Do I think we're going to win? No. But I wouldn't be shocked if we do. Brady doesn't look like a top-10 quarterback anymore and their defense is in the bottom 3rd of the league.

If we can stop Gronk and tackle well/not give up YAC on their 3-5 yard throws, we have a legit shot if we take care of the ball.

7 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Yep. That's certainly a difference but to lose embarrassingly on the road and couldn't put away Josh McCown until late in the 4th on the road has something to say about the way they've been playing as well.

Also if you remember, they played bad football against Green Bay for 3 of 4 quarters in their last home game as well. I've watched maybe 7 full Patriots games this year and their last 4 haven't been impressive in the least given who they played.

Obviously Foxboro is a tough place to play but it's a winnable game unlike years past. Do I think we're going to win? No. But I wouldn't be shocked if we do. Brady doesn't look like a top-10 quarterback anymore and their defense is in the bottom 3rd of the league.

If we can stop Gronk and tackle well/not give up YAC on their 3-5 yard throws, we have a legit shot if we take care of the ball.

Pats defense is definitely much better at home imo...definitely not bottom 3rd of the league level

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I agree.

They may not have looked impressive, but they are still a good team at home...and since the Jets are a divisional opponent, I don't take how bad they played for much of an indication, as those are unique games.  And considering the Tennessee team's HC played for Belichick for many years, he knows how Bill thinks, so that's unique as well.

If the Vikings win, I'll certainly be ecstatic, but I'm not expecting it.  It would be nice to put Brady on his downward spiral, just like they've seem to have done with A-Rodg and Brees (to a certain extent...at least, they seem to be the only team that can slow them both down).  

1 hour ago, upriser7 said:

Pats defense is definitely much better at home imo...definitely not bottom 3rd of the league level

Well they're #22 in the league this season so unless they're THAT bad on the road....they're probably still in the middle of the league at home. The defense isn't much to write home about. It's above-average, at best.

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

They may not have looked impressive, but they are still a good team at home

Never said they weren't. Aren't most good teams good at home?

I'm just saying, it's NOT the same team we're used to seeing with Brady throwing for 350/3 every week. He's essentially a dink & dunker now. 

You guys watch.....we're going to make a game out of it. Don't care if it's here, there, in Mexico City, or at a high school field. They're beatable regardless of the excuses you guys want to use as to why they've looked beatable the last 4 weeks (road games/division opponents/former players/coaches).

4 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Well they're #22 in the league this season so unless they're THAT bad on the road....they're probably still in the middle of the league at home.

Looking at the breakdown right now. The interesting thing to me is that the NE defense has been on the field for about 90 more plays on the road than they have at home. Averages per play are pretty much the same though. So is it that the defense doesn't get off the field or the offense doesn't stay on the field as much?

Archived