Week 13: VIKINGS (6-4-1) at Patriots (8-3)

swede700

7 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

I'm just saying, it's NOT the same team we're used to seeing with Brady throwing for 350/3 every week. He's essentially a dink & dunker now. 

Except for basically one or two years with Moss, he's always been a dink and dunker.

28 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Looking at the breakdown right now. The interesting thing to me is that the NE defense has been on the field for about 90 more plays on the road than they have at home. Averages per play are pretty much the same though. So is it that the defense doesn't get off the field or the offense doesn't stay on the field as much?

Combo of both.

The offense has been out of sync the last 4-5 games. Pretty much stemming from when they lost Michel for a couple weeks (HUGE part of their early success...they actually had a running game much like we saw yesterday). You add that into losing Gronk and defenses essentially have to stop Edelman and swings to James White and that's about it. There was NO running game for 3-4 weeks outside of some gimmick crap to Patterson. Think of how the Vikings offense has played at times this year.....they have periods where everything looks on point but they vanish for periods of time.

On the other side, heck just yesterday they gave up a 9 play, 80 yard drive to McCown and Co. Then you factor in Tennessee running through them like butter while the offense did nothing all game.

We might be lucky.....Brady looked like he wanted to feed Gronk most of yesterday (almost to a fault and almost threw picks in the process but Gronk played some good defense to prevent it) as Edelman looked banged up (arm) and have seemingly gotten away from Michel running and throwing it to James White 15 times a games and letting him get in space. 

It's not going to be easy. Like you said....they're at home and now they're healthy but we can beat them. I think our fast defensive line (especially Hunter) is perfect to counter their offense. We need to not miss tackles (they rely on YAC) and to get a pass rush up the middle like Tennessee did. Brady looked like Christian Ponder when he couldn't step up (and he's not mobile enough to scramble out).

I hate to even say this, but I think our chances of winning this game are less then 10%.   We are probably going to lose by 3+ TD's.    After the Green Bay game this game has all the signs of being a huge let down.     Tom Brady will show us why he is the GOAT.     I wish this was just me making a sarcastic post.    

18 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Pretty sad state of affairs when I'M the optimistic one around here!

count me in...the reason I am optimistic is mainly due to Brady not being that good this season and also coz Pats pass rush isn't top tier...the matches where our offense struggled big time so far this season were against Bills, Bears...both the teams have top class pass rushes...in rest of the matches which we lost/tied, offense wasn't that bad...it was mainly due to dumb turnovers and fumbles...if we limit some of our stupid fumbles, then we definitely have a decent chance. Also, our defense has been pretty encouraging over last 2 months.

1 hour ago, Freakish Mind said:

I hate to even say this, but I think our chances of winning this game are less then 10%.   We are probably going to lose by 3+ TD's.    After the Green Bay game this game has all the signs of being a huge let down.     Tom Brady will show us why he is the GOAT.     I wish this was just me making a sarcastic post.    

No way we lose by 3 TDs. Defense has been playing too well. More concerned about our offense not showing up. 

3 hours ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Oh come on!

I traded a 1st round pick on James White when he was hot!

Still not a bad deal. White will continue t have his role. If anything, Burkhead eats into Michel’s load. 

Archived