Week 13: VIKINGS (6-4-1) at Patriots (8-3)

swede700

Well...the play calling was problematic, but the offensive line made a poor defensive line look like a great line.  I thought that the second and third string secondary for the Vikings played decently.  I think the Seahawks will be a very difficult opponent next week.

another game exhibiting the small margin for error for this team. Frustrating. Can’t miss the 48 yard field goal early and can’t have Thielen drop that bomb from Cousins. The lack of pass interference calls surely hurt us when we could’ve gone up by 7. Nonetheless, another extremely spotty performance from the playcalling and the interior offensive line was dreadful. 

I know everyone loves Zimmer and will defend him until they're blue in the face but I'm starting to doubt he's the coach to bring us a Lombardi.

Under him, we've missed the playoffs, made the playoffs, missed the playoffs, made the playoffs, and now we're on the outside looking in.

The utter collapse we had in 2016 after 5-0.... The collapse in the NFCCG....

Is it his fault? Not entirely but I don't think it's happening with Zimmer. Nor do I think it's happening with JDF and Spielman.

I'm not saying clean house not by ANY means but if we have a down 2019.... It's time for a change.

3 minutes ago, HitStickAllDay said:

can’t have Thielen drop that bomb from Cousins

But if Cousin's hits him in stride instead of making him leap for it, he might score. And if Cousin's leads Robinson on his 1st interception that's 6 instead of a pick. Cousin's needs to elevate his game the next 4 games big time. 

1 minute ago, byuvike88 said:

But if Cousin's hits him in stride instead of making him leap for it, he might score. And if Cousin's leads Robinson on his 1st interception that's 6 instead of a pick. Cousin's needs to elevate his game the next 4 games big time. 

Completely agree that the throw could have been better. When it hits him in the hands though he normally comes down with it. 

Not sure why this team isn’t performing given the talent level. A frustrating year. Outside of fixing the interior oline and improving game flow and playcalling I don know what the fix is. 

1 minute ago, HitStickAllDay said:

Completely agree that the throw could have been better. When it hits him in the hands though he normally comes down with it. 

Not sure why this team isn’t performing given the talent level. A frustrating year. Outside of fixing the interior oline and improving game flow and playcalling I don know what the fix is. 

Yeah agreed. I don't feel that the Oline was awful today. They weren't great by any means but there is no way you can have greatness at every position. I was hoping we would see more interior pressure from the D line. It was almost non existent. 

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Why is Elflein still starting. 

Because the team has been unable to build a decent offensive line. There is no depth worth inserting. All the team can do at this point is hope that Elflein suddenly improves. If he can even get into the top 25 starting centers in the league it would be helpful.

The time the team should have been doing something was early in free agency. I was concerned about both Elflein and Easton back then and thought it was a mistake to not have a solid plan B. Watch Mike Pouncey playing Sunday Night Football. Notice how much better he is than Elflein. He was available. Do you see why the Chargers have a better offensive line than the Vikings? This has a lot to do with why they have a better offense than the Vikings.

One thing I’ve veen envious of is the offensive install that has happened around Lamar Jackson in Baltimore. Pretty amazing to watch and makes you wonder if JDF is trying to be too fancy or lacks experience or..... something. Perhaps the NFL will catch up to the Ravens when there’s enough tape. That was one thing I loved about Shurmur. Seemed to get the most out of what was given to him. 

Archived