Week 13: VIKINGS (6-4-1) at Patriots (8-3)

swede700

4 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

That's fair. He will also be older and by that time, Mahomes, Goff and Wentz may sign astronomical deals anyway.

Agreed.  Goff and Wentz would be hitting FA the same year as Cousins (as well as Cam Newton)...and Mahomes a year later.  

59 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m all for this. 

Quite frankly, you should be drafting a QB in the 1-4 round range every 2-3 years, regardless of who you have at QB. 

Agree.

I'd rather have the potential QBOTF on the roster while Kirk is still here so we're staying proactive and not acting re-actively. Having that QB on the roster 1-2 years before he's needed so he can learn is ideal. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

I'm not as concerned about him wanting to reset the market again here...I think that situation said more about Washington's front office and their lack of respect and fairness towards him than it said about him wanting to set the market.  We can't forget that he was offered more money by the Jets, but chose to come here instead.  

Right. I think he got his big pay day so he won't be worried about getting every nickle and dime in 2021 and might take a contract on a Super Bowl contender to try and get that ring even if it means not getting paid as much.

Archived