Week 13: VIKINGS (6-4-1) at Patriots (8-3)

swede700

1 hour ago, RpMc said:

Still not a bad deal. White will continue t have his role. If anything, Burkhead eats into Michel’s load. 

It wasn't.

I have Hunt & Conner as RB1-2. White was an amazing flex for a while. 25+ 5 straight weeks (1 PPR league)

My backs were getting 60 points on their own. Add in Adams, Luck, and Ertz....I got a decent team.

To win this game, Kearse will need to continue his play when he gets his chances, huge play for Barr and Kendrick’s, truely their most important regular season game, and really.... If Rhodes can’t play, put Hill 1 vs. 1 on Gordon. He should match up with him well. Hill got beat by an excellent route runner in Adams, but I truely believe from everything I’ve watched back to his college games, he can match up with Gordon. He will get ate alive by Edelman.

Last but not least, and common sense with Brady, pressure up the middle.

14 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Gronk looks to finally be back closer to healthy Gronk. Will be someone to keep an eye on.

I already told someone at work that they're going to beat up Gronk so badly that he's going to retire at halftime, like that Buffalo Bill guy.  

Bill Belichick on Mike Zimmer: "I think Mike's one of the best coaches in the league, no question about it. He's done a great job with that program. He's been one of the great coaches in the league for a couple decades." Belichick said that the Patriots always try to watch what the Vikings do to give them ideas to implement in their own system and to learn from the way they do things defensively. The Patriots coach also noted why there's such a small margin for error when playing Minnesota. "If you make a mistake, they do a great job of taking advantage of it."

2 hours ago, upriser7 said:

The Patriots coach also noted why there's such a small margin for error when playing Minnesota. "If you make a mistake, they do a great job of taking advantage of it."

This HAS to be sarcasm, right?   Meanwhile in the film room, BB is laughing his tail off at the Vikings coming away with zero points after the misplayed punt and the Vikings letting the clock go down to 15 seconds at the end of the first half before trying to move the ball into field goal range.

24 minutes ago, since72 said:

This HAS to be sarcasm, right?   Meanwhile in the film room, BB is laughing his tail off at the Vikings coming away with zero points after the misplayed punt and the Vikings letting the clock go down to 15 seconds at the end of the first half before trying to move the ball into field goal range.

I mean Zimmer could've easily elected to kick the FG after the muffed punt, would've made it a 13-point game which is still a 2-score game. No problem with him going for the jugular there.

As far as I'm concerned the Vikes played the end of the 1st half beautifully, missed FG aside. It was 2nd and 11 coming out of the 2 minute warning, ball on the MIN 20. We converted a 3rd and 10 after a false start and a 3rd and 7 that was a 1st and 20 after a holding call.

Judging by the play-by-play on ESPN it took 18 seconds to get the offense set and spike the ball after a 20 yard gain.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401030908

What would you have had them do differently? 

End of the half was played well. They played cautiously but aggressive. Last thing you'd want is to give momentum back to GB going into the half after not converting. They chipped away at the clock yet still managed to get into FG range. The five yard penalty on the FG can't happen though.

Rodgers murdered them in week 2 in 1 minute drills and also beat the Niners driving the length of the field in something like 30 seconds. It was completely reasonable to kill clock given that their 1st down plays and penalties kept putting them in unfavorable situations on that drive.

51 yards is a longer FG than you’d like to end up with before halftime but it was makeable, and Bailey did in fact make it, only to have it taken off the board for a false start that should’ve been called as a NZI against GB. Even then, the Packers roughed the kicker on the 56 yarder he missed, so he should’ve had another crack at it from 51, or really from 41. 

Decision to go for it on 4th and 2 in the red zone was very smart. 6 point (and therefore 13 point) leads are much more dangerous than 3 point (10 point) leads. You’re better off if the trailing team is playing for a tying FG (and a 50/50 OT) than a winning TD. 

They had the right play call — if Cousins doesn’t get the throw batted down, it’s 1st and goal with 5 minutes left and they’re very likely going to be up 17 at the 2 minute warning. 

Zimmer is legitimately one of the best schematic defensive coaches in recent NFL history, particularly in terms of his pressure packages and coverage concepts. No doubt that Belichick is sincere in complimenting his track record. 

Archived