Week 13: VIKINGS (6-4-1) at Patriots (8-3)

swede700

NFL analyst and Hall of Famer Ray Lewis: "There's a lot of built teams that can't go into New England and win. This team, the way they’re built, can go into New England and win. And one of the biggest pieces why — what they do in their front seven on defense is incredible — but Dalvin Cook. Having Dalvin Cook fresh and running against New England’s defense, I’m going to take the Vikings in this one.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Vikings-Patriots-Week-13-blueprint-125515126/

On 11/28/2018 at 12:09 PM, wcblack34 said:

He had his style, but he was never talking himself up, putting others down, or aggrandizing himself. He was flashy in his dress, but he never complained, and seemed to be the consummate teammate and professional. 

My Dad is a grumpy, 88 year old, "get off my lawn" kind of guy, and even he loves "Flash" as he likes to call him.  :D

My NFC team! Wasn't looking forward to this one. 

Not just saying this because I'm here, but on this forum, you cannot beat MIN fans (from our perspective). For whatever reason, you guys give us the least amount of crap - and I find you very objective, fair and knowledgable. Good luck to you

As for the game, I expect a low scoring affair.

Your defense concerns us. MIN are top 10 in every major defensive category, but most worrisome of all (for us) is third down defense. You are the best in the league at 3rd down no matter the distance, and it's been a bit of an issue of ours for 2 seasons now, especially 3rd and medium (we are ranked 1st on 3rd and short). The group allows just 27.6% of attempts to be converted. You shall be getting off the field quite often.

I don't know what kind of D MIN runs, but with our offense, we are the most motion-heavy team in the league, we change up formations all the time (last week was the first instance of us 21 personnel the most often, it is usually 11 or 12), some weeks are run-heavy, some are nothing but spread passing. I expect Smith in the box A LOT, directly over Gronk. Edelman is the key, for our passing game.

When you're on offense, our game plan SHOULD be to limit Thielen as much as possible. Again, third down in a key area. While the Vikings defense is one of the best in the NFL when it comes to third down play, the Patriots’ is one of the worst: with the exception of third-and-longs, Brian Flores’ unit — which gives up 43.1% of all third downs — is having a tough time getting off the field. Luckily for us, Minnesota’s offense does not fare any better (27th on third and short, 21st third and medium, but 6th on third and long) which is why this battle could be one of the deciding factors of Sunday’s game.

Things in our favor are obviously homefield including the ridiculous December record, a very efficient run game and we are finally healthy. In your favor is obviously the defense, the fact that Harrison Smith can cover Gronk (best safety in league) and the best WR so far.

Said in our thread that it could be a classic strength vs strength, our O vs your D. I expect only 1-5 points in it.

All the best :)

The Vikings have not beaten a team with a winning record since the divisional playoff game against the Saints last year, and they needed divine intervention to pull out a win in that one.

Which is not to say that they can't go into New England and pull an upset. But the Vikings simply have not looked like a team that is likely to do anything like that this season.

:(

On 11/29/2018 at 8:48 AM, vike daddy said:

NFL analyst and Hall of Famer Ray Lewis: "There's a lot of built teams that can't go into New England and win. This team, the way they’re built, can go into New England and win. And one of the biggest pieces why — what they do in their front seven on defense is incredible — but Dalvin Cook. Having Dalvin Cook fresh and running against New England’s defense, I’m going to take the Vikings in this one.”

https://247sports.com/nfl/minnesota-vikings/Article/Vikings-Patriots-Week-13-blueprint-125515126/

Great perspective from Ray Lewis O.o Saying that Cook is going to be the difference maker in this game is ludicrous.   Outside of one 70 yard run this season and taking a swing pass for a TD last week.  Cook has added absolutely nothing to this offense this year.  

Archived