TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

I thought most Gamers play on PlayStation shows you what I know

I'm not a gamer by any sense. I haven't owned a console since 2008...just would like to have one to play Madden or GTA now and then. 

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I'm not a gamer by any sense. I haven't owned a console since 2008...just would like to have one to play Madden or GTA now and then. 

I'm not much of a game on myself, but I do own both PlayStation and Xbox as I use it for things like Netflix YouTube and ordering movies as well as Amazon xcetera

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I'm not much of a game on myself, but I do own both PlayStation and Xbox as I use it for things like Netflix YouTube and ordering movies as well as Amazon xcetera

I have an AppleTV for that xD

3 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I thought most Gamers play on PlayStation shows you what I know

PS4 has outsold XB1 this gen. But its weird, but because I know a fair amount of gamers and none of them play PS as their primary (even if they own one). 

@D82 the next gen consoles are right around the corner. Theres rumors the PS5 will be this winter and the next xbox sometime next spring. Nothing confirmed. 

PS -Apple TV sucks compared to an xbox, imo. I have both.

I use my xbox mostly for streaming Netflix, Hulu, Prime & Youtube. But, I do a bit of gaming from time to time. I was always a Playstation guy until the current gen consoles. I just went Xbox instead & would do it again.

I’ve always been loyal to Sony and bought PlayStation. I use to game pretty heavy and now I hop on it to play something for 5 mins I’m just done with it. Games don’t hold much attention anymore. Now if this was years ago on PS2 with Socom 2 online then I wouldn’t be seen for days lol 

Edited by TheBeast23

So went and saw my PCP finally today. Been dealing with a pulled muscle in my lower back for the past two weeks. Getting x-ray's on the area tomorrow to see what's going on. 

BP was 139/98 and pulse rate was 112...so that threw up some red flags for her. She put me on a beta-blocker and is wanting me to completely change my diet/exercise routine. Going to be getting a CPAP machine and having to see a rheumatologist at WVU for follow-up on my fibromyalgia diagnosis. Oh...and I've now ballooned up to 250 lbs. 

Needless to say, I'm severely cutting back on beer and cutting out sweet tea. Going to be getting weights next week when I get paid and upping the ante on the workout regiment, also going to be eating a whole lot of grilled chicken and salads for the next year it looks like. 

Crawford was involved in some sort of scuffle. TMZ made it sound like it was an out of control brawl and that Crawford was beating down police. The video leaked and all he did was kinda shove his way through a crowd. He wasnt arrested. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Crawford was involved in some sort of scuffle. TMZ made it sound like it was an out of control brawl and that Crawford was beating down police. The video leaked and all he did was kinda shove his way through a crowd. He wasnt arrested. 

Of course the media F'ed it up. But it is TMZ, so I guess they need to dramatize it.

14 hours ago, D82 said:

So went and saw my PCP finally today. Been dealing with a pulled muscle in my lower back for the past two weeks. Getting x-ray's on the area tomorrow to see what's going on. 

BP was 139/98 and pulse rate was 112...so that threw up some red flags for her. She put me on a beta-blocker and is wanting me to completely change my diet/exercise routine. Going to be getting a CPAP machine and having to see a rheumatologist at WVU for follow-up on my fibromyalgia diagnosis. Oh...and I've now ballooned up to 250 lbs. 

Needless to say, I'm severely cutting back on beer and cutting out sweet tea. Going to be getting weights next week when I get paid and upping the ante on the workout regiment, also going to be eating a whole lot of grilled chicken and salads for the next year it looks like. 

Damn man, 250. I thought I remembered seeing a pic of you with your dog at a dog show a few years ago. You looked to be the average of 170 or so. I don't need to tell you this but that's a big contribute to your high BP. 

Sounds like you have plan. Stick to it. Hate to see you go anywhere.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, D82 said:

Don't necessarily need weights just running and power walks would help. Plus there is alot of exercises you can do around the house.

If you really want to invest in some weight training, save up and go for the Power Blocks or the Bowflex dumbbell adjustable set, with a small workout bench and exercise ball and you wouldn't believe all the workouts you can get done with just those few things.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Don't necessarily need weights just running and power walks would help. Plus there is alot of exercises you can do around the house.

If you really want to invest in some weight training, save up and go for the Power Blocks or the Bowflex dumbbell adjustable set, with a small workout bench and exercise ball and you wouldn't believe all the workouts you can get done with just those few things.

You can get a set of weights off craigslist for much less. The Bowflex are like $400 and have had reliability issues in the past. I bought a full set (5# - 45#) of dumbbells off of craigslist for <$100. I agree there is so much you can do with just some dumbbells and a bench. If you cant get a bench, a Yoga ball is $25 and will work in a pinch. 

• Like 1

I had two 20 lb dumbbells you get from Wal*Mart that I used when I originally got down to 155. Don't need anything fancy.

If it was my GSD I think I was about 215 or so in that pic. Lab I would have been 190-200. But yeah...the extra weight isn't helping with the BP nor the fibromyalgia. Started the diet yesterday so here's hoping by the end of the year I can reach 180 again. 

2 hours ago, HDsportsfan said:

Damn man, 250. I thought I remembered seeing a pic of you with your dog at a dog show a few years ago. You looked to be the average of 170 or so. I don't need to tell you this but that's a big contribute to your high BP. 

Sounds like you have plan. Stick to it. Hate to see you go anywhere.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

I had two 20 lb dumbbells you get from Wal*Mart that I used when I originally got down to 155. Don't need anything fancy.

If it was my GSD I think I was about 215 or so in that pic. Lab I would have been 190-200. But yeah...the extra weight isn't helping with the BP nor the fibromyalgia. Started the diet yesterday so here's hoping by the end of the year I can reach 180 again. 

Go Keto. It will change your life.