TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Instead of sweet tea and beer, you will drink unsweet tea and vodka. But youll get healthy in the process. 

I can't do unsweet tea, I'd rather drink water. Guess instead of craft beers I'll be ordering Moscow Mules when I drink.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

I can't do unsweet tea, I'd rather drink water. Guess instead of craft beers I'll be ordering Moscow Mules when I drink.

Use splenda or some other 0 carb sweetener. Cant do Moscow mules, they have ginger beer in them. Which I presume is also carb heavy. 

I dont drink that much anymore. But Keto drinking is basically any hard liquor that isnt flavord (IE - Jack Daniels is fine, Fireball is not) mixed with a 0 calorie soda.

29 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Use splenda or some other 0 carb sweetener. Cant do Moscow mules, they have ginger beer in them. Which I presume is also carb heavy. 

I dont drink that much anymore. But Keto drinking is basically any hard liquor that isnt flavord (IE - Jack Daniels is fine, Fireball is not) mixed with a 0 calorie soda.

Splenda or any other artificial sweetener gives me headaches, so that's a no go. Same for 0 calorie sodas. xD

21 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Go Keto. It will change your life. 

HOLY sheesh. was going to post about 2 friends, brother and sister who both have been overweight and always extremely lazy. Both have lost 30 and 40 lbs respectively already in about 2 months. Was going to start it myself. Now you mention it. 

Still, me plus my sugary snacks/liquor issues will make it hard. Freakin sweet tooth. 

15 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

HOLY sheesh. was going to post about 2 friends, brother and sister who both have been overweight and always extremely lazy. Both have lost 30 and 40 lbs respectively already in about 2 months. Was going to start it myself. Now you mention it. 

Still, me plus my sugary snacks/liquor issues will make it hard. Freakin sweet tooth. 

I started the Keto diet on Tuesday of last week and dropped 13 pounds, not usual but I walk about 10 miles per day also. First week you lose a lot of water weight as well so if anyone does try it they need to drink a lot of water. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, cowboyfanin2890 said:

I started the Keto diet on Tuesday of last week and dropped 13 pounds, not usual but I walk about 10 miles per day also. First week you lose a lot of water weight as well so if anyone does try it they need to drink a lot of water. 

Water is key. I wish we had a Costco, I'd go stock up on Voss water. 

52 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Is that the new Atkins/ new fad diet?

I keep hearing about it but not sure exactly what it is. TBH I've been too busy to go and look it up.

Its not really new. All of these "fads" are the same basic premise => stop eating carbs. The food pyramid that we grew up on is completely bunk and has led to a lot of overweight, diabetic, heart diseased Americans. There is a very basic premise if you want to lose weight without being a gym rat. If its made with sugar or flour, dont eat it more than rare occasions. 

Keto is specifically 25 grams of carbs a day. Paleo is 75 grams of carbs. Atkins is some number above that. 

24 minutes ago, JWingate said:

So Fellas..

I have been in the hospital for 39 hours so far my wife was induced still no little girl yet (Emma). We are hoping to see her soon last checked she was 6 cm. All I hope for is a healthy baby and mom. 

Keep us updated!