TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

No its 5 o'clock somewhere and hes drinking. 

You say happy hour, I say brunch. Same thing when you're a true champion of functional alcoholism. 

3 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

Any of you guys wear fitness trackers/watches?  

Fitbit Charge 3. Had the 2 before it. Perfectly happy with it.

Thankfully, the Braves only made me endure a half inning of baseball this afternoon, as their elimination game was over before they even got 2 outs. Now I see the Nationals have tied LA and the idea that they may advance makes me want to vomit. 

Between Dallas, Atlanta, the Avs, Nuggets and Iowa, I’m thinking I should just hang up my sports fandom and take up knitting. 

Edited by WizardHawk

17 hours ago, Ace5 said:

You say happy hour, I say brunch. Same thing when you're a true champion of functional alcoholism. 

Fitbit Charge 3. Had the 2 before it. Perfectly happy with it.

I stopped drinking based on time of day years ago...not I just drink when I want (and by want I mean when my wife doesn't need me to be useful)...it's called being an adult :ph34r:

I am going to check out a few today at lunch, I will check those out. 

16 hours ago, D82 said:

The Health app on my iPhone counts my steps so I never bothered getting a Fitbit. 

I used to rely on that, looking for something a bit more robust...specifically heart rate and some other functions.  Plus I would like to be able to do certain things without my phone, but I know that gets you into a very pricey range of equipment. 

So I was talking with the carrier who trained me the other day...he seems to think by mid-to-late next year I'm going to make regular. Considering I just started in May this year and some CCAs wait years to make regular, I'd be ecstatic if that ends up happening.

• Like 5

I know most you hermits dont venture out of here. But I needed to let you all know there is a guy on this site with the name N4L. Why am I telling you this? Because when you @ him his name spells... Drumroll please... @N4L.

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I know most you hermits dont venture out of here. But I needed to let you all know there is a guy on this site with the name N4L. Why am I telling you this? Because when you @ him his name spells... Drumroll please... @N4L.

Welcome to the @N4L party.

• Like 1

Just now, D82 said:

Welcome to the @N4L party.

Im wondering how long it takes each member here to realize what it spells. The first time I saw it, I thought nothing of it. Then someone made a joke about his name.... and I realized the @ and the 4 are A's. I felt really dumb for not noticing it sooner. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Im wondering how long it takes each member here to realize what it spells. The first time I saw it, I thought nothing of it. Then someone made a joke about his name.... and I realized the @ and the 4 are A's. I felt really dumb for not noticing it sooner. 

I'm just as dumb as you are then.

• Like 1