TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

6 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Jesus no wonder why you've had such a hard time finding a career. 

Lol yeah...

I live in the poorest county in the state but it's also the highest taxed. It's crazy. 

7 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

Don't come to NJ unless you like paying way too much for everything. 

I've been to New Jersey twice just passing through, I could never live there. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ace5 said:

You think NJ is expensive? Don't dream of moving to CT then.

Not that this should be a contest but I think NJ has officially topped the list of highest state tax + property + car costs in the country.  Part of this is my own doing given I live in one of the top 2-3 areas of the state but NJ has a fine line between "nice to live" and "middle of nowhere".  From what I have seen of CT via work trips, it seems to be very militarism with all the locations you want to love cost significantly more. 

My wife is finally coming around to the idea to leave the Northeast, tough because all of our family is here but I am still pushing a Texas move. 

13 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

Not that this should be a contest but I think NJ has officially topped the list of highest state tax + property + car costs in the country.  Part of this is my own doing given I live in one of the top 2-3 areas of the state but NJ has a fine line between "nice to live" and "middle of nowhere".  From what I have seen of CT via work trips, it seems to be very militarism with all the locations you want to love cost significantly more. 

My wife is finally coming around to the idea to leave the Northeast, tough because all of our family is here but I am still pushing a Texas move. 

California is up there as well. Insanely high taxes and car registrations. Texas may have a slightly higher property tax rate, but the mortgage on my house in McKinney is a hell of a lot lower than my house in L.A. New Jerseys taxes are really high, though. My grandparents lived in Ridgefield, and I considered moving to the NJ/NYC area for a long time. Love the areas but hate the cost of living.

13 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

California is up there as well. Insanely high taxes and car registrations. Texas may have a slightly higher property tax rate, but the mortgage on my house in McKinney is a hell of a lot lower than my house in L.A. New Jerseys taxes are really high, though. My grandparents lived in Ridgefield, and I considered moving to the NJ/NYC area for a long time. Love the areas but hate the cost of living.

Same man, really some nice areas and great place to raise a family in those areas...just have to work until I die to live here.  Looking into some lake houses in Texas to start the transition over the next few years, luckily my job and my wifes job would likely allow for some dual state living. 

11 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I love Texas. Where else can you get an 8,000 sqft house sitting on 4.5 acres, with a pool for under $150,000?

IS7i9p572bkj7d1000000000.webp

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/113-County-Road-2112-Alice-TX-78332/231752138_zpid/?

House needs some TLC, but you get the idea. 

are you buying it???

looks like it may take more than another 150 to restore to glory but would be worth it. 

I lived in Dallas for one year (part time) in the city. But aren't taxes also rather high in Texas??

Edited by resilient part 2

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

are you buying it???

looks like it may take more than another 150 to restore to glory but would be worth it. 

I lived in Dallas for one year (part time) in the city. But aren't taxes also rather high in Texas??

Nope, just pulled it up in light of the topic. There are 100s like it. I'm always monitoring the market though.

There is no state income tax, so there's that. I've always just assumed Texas was one of the cheapest places to live, but idk.

28 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Nope, just pulled it up in light of the topic. There are 100s like it. I'm always monitoring the market though.

There is no state income tax, so there's that. I've always just assumed Texas was one of the cheapest places to live, but idk.

Well I wasn't sure if taxes on any other state in particular basis that property taxes on size of the house or the actual value because a big house I would think would be a higher property tax but I really don't know either. But I do like projects like that

23 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Well I wasn't sure if taxes on any other state in particular basis that property taxes on size of the house or the actual value because a big house I would think would be a higher property tax but I really don't know either. But I do like projects like that

Property taxes on that particular property were $3,738 for 2018 and the same for 2017. 

So about $160 a month. 

$573 in P&I

And about 50 in insurance. They estimate about $785 a month total.

Not to bad 

Edited by DaBoys