TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

20 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

California is up there as well. Insanely high taxes and car registrations. Texas may have a slightly higher property tax rate, but the mortgage on my house in McKinney is a hell of a lot lower than my house in L.A. New Jerseys taxes are really high, though. My grandparents lived in Ridgefield, and I considered moving to the NJ/NYC area for a long time. Love the areas but hate the cost of living.

Wait...you have two houses? Why aren't you hosting forum parties during the off-season? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D82 said:
21 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

California is up there as well. Insanely high taxes and car registrations. Texas may have a slightly higher property tax rate, but the mortgage on my house in McKinney is a hell of a lot lower than my house in L.A. New Jerseys taxes are really high, though. My grandparents lived in Ridgefield, and I considered moving to the NJ/NYC area for a long time. Love the areas but hate the cost of living.

Wait...you have two houses? Why aren't you hosting forum parties during the off-season? 

He is from Cali, moved to Texas for a couple years, but now he works in both Cali and Texas. I think his family stays in Cali though.

He can correct me if I am wrong. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

He is from Cali, moved to Texas for a couple years, but now he works in both Cali and Texas. I think his family stays in Cali though.

He can correct me if I am wrong. 

That’s correct. I prefer Texas by a huge margin, but my wife prefers Los Angeles, so the main house is in L.A., and I stay at my TX house when I’m in town.

• Like 1

Yeah i had the weirdest dream, i was playing linebacker for a football team, being subbed in situational packages. The thing was, i had no muscle (middle aged man muscles) for football but i could freaking stop the run. 

And i was always late for gametime, often times my teammates do not realize i was on the active roster. Felt like highschool again.

@D82 I remember a conversation we had about wanting your type of dog or any good dog, but in my next life time. Due to my living in a beach condo amongst other reasons. But it looks like I have 5 now. well sort of.. I bought an RV but can't keep it near my condo. My friend/mechanic has this huge yard behind his business. Collects old cars and motor cycles and has some RVs there. He said I could leave it in there and he'll just give me his keys for the lock and I could come and go as I please. 

Only one problem, He has 5 guards dogs.. :/

But after a couple of weeks of bringing these dogs real food, meats etc.. vs their typical dog food. They love me. They come to life even when I am a block away. One night I was returning my RV at around 3am. I was so scared of being attacked. It was dark but I could see dark shadows coming. They came running from all directions. I was shook. But they came in tails wagging. That night I stayed in my RV after feeding these dogs some ham that night, I woke up and they were sleeping by my all night long like my own personal watch dogs..

Now it's like I have the best of both worlds. Great loving dogs. Would kill to protect me, BUT never have to clean up their shet. Would love to take "BIG George" with me on the road, but RV too small. Oh well.

*almost forgot. sometime that night there was a ton of barking, like they were attacking someone or something. I was too tired so I just looked out my windows , could not see anything. lasted about 15 mins. Woke up with no idea what happened next morning. But whatever it was won't be coming back there.

Edited by resilient part 2

12 hours ago, retrolock said:

Yeah i had the weirdest dream, i was playing linebacker for a football team, being subbed in situational packages. The thing was, i had no muscle (middle aged man muscles) for football but i could freaking stop the run. 

And i was always late for gametime, often times my teammates do not realize i was on the active roster. Felt like highschool again.

I think that means you need to bundle your home and auto with state farm

5 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

@D82 I remember a conversation we had about wanting your type of dog or any good dog, but in my next life time. Due to my living in a beach condo amongst other reasons. But it looks like I have 5 now. well sort of.. I bought an RV but can't keep it near my condo. My friend/mechanic has this huge yard behind his business. Collects old cars and motor cycles and has some RVs there. He said I could leave it in there and he'll just give me his keys for the lock and I could come and go as I please. 

Only one problem, He has 5 guards dogs.. :/

But after a couple of weeks of bringing these dogs real food, meats etc.. vs their typical dog food. They love me. They come to life even when I am a block away. One night I was returning my RV at around 3am. I was so scared of being attacked. It was dark but I could see dark shadows coming. They came running from all directions. I was shook. But they came in tails wagging. That night I stayed in my RV after feeding these dogs some ham that night, I woke up and they were sleeping by my all night long like my own personal watch dogs..

Now it's like I have the best of both worlds. Great loving dogs. Would kill to protect me, BUT never have to clean up their shet. Would love to take "BIG George" with me on the road, but RV too small. Oh well.

*almost forgot. sometime that night there was a ton of barking, like they were attacking someone or something. I was too tired so I just looked out my windows , could not see anything. lasted about 15 mins. Woke up with no idea what happened next morning. But whatever it was won't be coming back there.

So you kinda got your own dogs but without having to take care of them lol not a bad deal in some ways 

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

I like the optimism, but not buying it.

@Lions - W

@NE -  L

Buff - L

@Chicago -  W

Rams - L

@Philly - L

Washington - W

The same Bills that lost to the Browns and got boat raced by the Eagles? 

I think we have a chance.

Rams are very mediocre this year as well. So is Philly. Only one I think we wont be favored in is the NE game

Edited by Matts4313