TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

12 minutes ago, acowboys62 said:

I am bringing back my question on COD, who plays?  Apparently it can be played cross platform?  I have no idea how to do that but xbox and ps4 can all play the same setup. 

I havent played FPS in years. Overwatch on occasion. I tried Destiny 2's expansion and got murdered. Is the new COD good?

16 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I havent played FPS in years. Overwatch on occasion. I tried Destiny 2's expansion and got murdered. Is the new COD good?

So my breakdown is as follows:

It is not in the same ballpark as the original Modern Warfare trilogy however the MP is better than any other COD since then.  There are still a lot of things that I do not care for and the gun fights are inconsistent.  More than any COD I can remember if you do not have a top internet connection you will not win gun fights one on one which is unfortunate and frustrating.  I cannot stand the ground war game mode which has promise but IMO is just awful (10 v 10 domination and TDM are also pretty bad due to the mass lag).  I tend to play on Hardcore mode which eliminates a lot of the issues I described above. As usual camping is a problem, but that is every edition. And last but not least, the worst map in all of COD history Piccadilly is something I will back out of every time it comes up unless I am in a party. What they did with perks and gun customization is pretty cool, almost too many options however but I like it. 

The single player was ok, some people loved it, I don't think it was even close to as good as the originals, but the future ones have been setup pretty nicely.

For reference however, I only play COD games anymore. Prior to this was Black Ops 4 and even then I only played Blackout mode. MW is definitely better playing in a group vs randoms where as I did not mind playing Blackout mode with randoms as much.