TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

9 hours ago, D82 said:

The whole “needing to get an HQL to own a handgun” thing, the higher taxes...idk, after spending most of my almost 30 years in this state I just need a change of scenery. 

Midwestern states are a good move. Or if you wanna go the easy route just head to Texas. 

3 hours ago, textaz03 said:

California of the East Coast.

that is a bit misleading. If you want to live in coastal urban regions (L.A., B.A.) you might need a full million for a 2 bedroom fixer upper. OTOH if you like hills/mountains you can find the same thing east of Sacramento for $150,000.

8 hours ago, textaz03 said:

What ever you do D82, don’t come north to Jersey!! It’s even worse than Maryland. We call it the California of the East Coast. 

God I miss home and living in Texas!

I would never go to Jersey. Just passing through a few times was enough for me.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, D82 said:

I would never go to Jersey. Just passing through a few times was enough for me.

Texas is always a good choice. As you guys know, one of my houses is out there. 

Tampa, FL is a really great option as well. Mellow beach community, low cost of living, no state tax, great weather. It’s tough to beat, especially if you like seafood and fishing. It’s awesome in that respect.

Or, if you don’t mind dealing with rednecks, the beach cities in Florida’s panhandle are great, too. Destin is beautiful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Tampa, FL is a really great option as well. Mellow beach community, low cost of living, no state tax, great weather. It’s tough to beat, especially if you like seafood and fishing. It’s awesome in that respect.

Or, if you don’t mind dealing with rednecks, the beach cities in Florida’s panhandle are great, too. Destin is beautiful.

Mellow beach you say???

3 hours ago, TVScout said:

It is also expensive. If you want the Emerald Coast try going several miles west.

The term “expensive” is relative. I’m originally from Los Angeles, so Destin is less expensive when compared to L.A., but much more expensive when compared to Dallas.

16 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I don't think I could do Florida. 

I also need to figure out where in Texas I'd want to move. I don't want to live in a big city...but at least 30-45 min away from one so that way I at least have more to do on my downtime. I live in a city of about 20,000...so something similar to that I could handle mail wise. 

Started back in May at 255 lbs, heaviest I've probably ever been. Down to 175 almost a year later. 

This job has its ups and downs, but man...best shape I've been in since I was probably 19.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, D82 said:

I don't think I could do Florida. 

I also need to figure out where in Texas I'd want to move. I don't want to live in a big city...but at least 30-45 min away from one so that way I at least have more to do on my downtime. I live in a city of about 20,000...so something similar to that I could handle mail wise. 

You could live up in the north Dallas suburbs. It’s pretty rural up in Melissa, which is about 40 miles north of Dallas. My house is in McKinney, which is about 25.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

You could live up in the north Dallas suburbs. It’s pretty rural up in Melissa, which is about 40 miles north of Dallas. My house is in McKinney, which is about 25.

I thought about McKinney. 

When I was working for my handler friend, we went to shows near College Station/Navasota. I liked the area around there.