TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

3 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

Do you really need to, though? There’s ample source material as it is.

Oh god. I just turned it on. I am like 15 minutes in so far. Here is what I have learned:

1. "Any team can win a superbowl, good teams do it again" => Eagles not good  - Check.

2. The Eagles have the best skillset in the NFL. *ELITE* WR's.

3. That the Eagles dont understand why people "hold their breath" waiting for a Wentz injury

This is solid gold. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Oh god. I just turned it on. I am like 15 minutes in so far. Here is what I have learned:

1. "Any team can win a superbowl, good teams do it again" => Eagles not good  - Check.

2. The Eagles have the best skillset in the NFL. *ELITE* WR's.

3. That the Eagles dont understand why people "hold their breath" waiting for a Wentz injury

This is solid gold. 

Ok, I actually had to pause and stop reading after the first bullet because I literally *heard* your sarcasm in the “Eagles are not good - Check” and started laughing out loud. That comment was hilarious! It took me a good 2-3 minutes to compose myself before I could read the rest. Well done, sir. Very well done. 

• Like 1

Been spit ballin' some ideas for a thread to pass some time and related to the draft while we wait for the actual draft to roll around. 

Million ways to do this. Not sure if or what limits should put on it? 

Off the top of my head I was thinking something along these lines to start.....

1 - Where Dallas drafted in a given year is where you will draft. You cannot change trades or make additional trades. 
2 - Cannot draft player not on the board at specified pick. (ie...Dallas took Trysten Hill at #58 last year, so J.J. Whiteside, pick 57 isn't an option)
3 - Players can only be moved up 25 spots from their original draft position. (ie....Dallas had pick 60 in 2017, so Kareem Hunt (#86) isn't an option.)
4 - Go back 10 years? Save Jason Garrett's job...

I seem to remember something like this being mentioned before, but nothing ever came of it. Since their are only 5 or 6 people that post here anymore, it might be a really short discussion. 

Any suggestions?

Edited by WizardHawk

On 2/10/2020 at 8:22 AM, WizardHawk said:

Been spit ballin' some ideas for a thread to pass some time and related to the draft while we wait for the actual draft to roll around. 

Million ways to do this. Not sure if or what limits should put on it? 

Off the top of my head I was thinking something along these lines to start.....

1 - Where Dallas drafted in a given year is where you will draft. You cannot change trades or make additional trades. 
2 - Cannot draft player not on the board at specified pick. (ie...Dallas took Trysten Hill at #58 last year, so J.J. Whiteside, pick 57 isn't an option)
3 - Players can only be moved up 25 spots from their original draft position. (ie....Dallas had pick 60 in 2017, so Kareem Hunt (#86) isn't an option.)
4 - Go back 10 years? Save Jason Garrett's job...

I seem to remember something like this being mentioned before, but nothing ever came of it. Since their are only 5 or 6 people that post here anymore, it might be a really short discussion. 

Any suggestions?

Not only could you save Jason Garrett's job with those restrictions, you could get him in the HOF.

On 2/9/2020 at 2:36 AM, Matts4313 said:

Holy Sheet. Watch Episode 4 of all or nothing. Little brother syndrome in full effect. I always joked the Eagles are obsessed with us. But my god. 

Dude, all they talk about on sports radio in Philly is Dallas, Jerry Jones, Dak Prescott and how Wentz is still elite but has no line, no coaching, no WRs.

I can't turn that station on for more than 5 minutes without hearing one of the aforementioned.

Talk about little hammer complex.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Only had one tag to use, used it on Dak so Cooper walked. 

Have all the current draft picks Dallas has.

I don't understand the cap space....unable to re-sign Jones, even with no money allotted to retaining Cooper.  

Like the pick up of Sanu. Something happened with Rhodes last year. He wasn't very good. So would be a little worried about that drop off continuing. Randall is a good signing.