TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

I swear some people are pissing me off with these CV reports. So called medical experts who read tweets and articles who love to dog you because you dont "listen to them" and yet they keep contradicting themselves and switching up what they say.

Supposedly everyone is at serious medical risk now and not just the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. Not even a week ago every medical expert was saying it's just the elderly and those with bad immune systems, but now they are switching it up and saying "oh no it's always been this way" the rest of that stuff was just MAGA propaganda. 

F***ing liars the lot of them.

I thought it could be the CV was mutating and thus compromising younger people at a higher percent then normal. But oh no it's always been like this. If you don't get medical treatment, you're as good as dead and even if you do the off chances you die are still at 2%. So hurry up and run in to get your treatment today.

I didn’t know where else to put this, but does anyone know where McCarthy’s teams ranked as far as penalties?

Watching the Week 17 game against Washington and man...those drive-killing penalties at the worst times were a staple under Garrett. Hoping that’ll be a thing of the past moving forward.

15 hours ago, D82 said:

I didn’t know where else to put this, but does anyone know where McCarthy’s teams ranked as far as penalties?

Watching the Week 17 game against Washington and man...those drive-killing penalties at the worst times were a staple under Garrett. Hoping that’ll be a thing of the past moving forward.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81da3f3c/article/packers-go-from-penaltyprone-to-one-of-mostdisciplined-teams

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I swear some people are pissing me off with these CV reports. So called medical experts who read tweets and articles who love to dog you because you dont "listen to them" and yet they keep contradicting themselves and switching up what they say.

Supposedly everyone is at serious medical risk now and not just the elderly and those with compromised immune systems. Not even a week ago every medical expert was saying it's just the elderly and those with bad immune systems, but now they are switching it up and saying "oh no it's always been this way" the rest of that stuff was just MAGA propaganda. 

F***ing liars the lot of them.

I thought it could be the CV was mutating and thus compromising younger people at a higher percent then normal. But oh no it's always been like this. If you don't get medical treatment, you're as good as dead and even if you do the off chances you die are still at 2%. So hurry up and run in to get your treatment today.

It has been crazy here.  An entire family of 5 (young to old) all ended up in ICU with 1 unfortunately passing.  Local cop, younger than 40, brought an older suspected patient in, over 90....both now in ICU.  Flip side of that, multiple people are home riding it out.  Seems to be underlying issues and age do not help, but the truth is it is completely random as to who ends up serious vs mild. The scary part is apparently it can happen quick, you can be on day 5 of being sick with mild symptoms and then boom next day you need to be in the hospital on oxygen and you have to really hope there is a bed open.  Right now that is the big issues, all of these states that have been hit hard will run out. 

Has forced me to put together some oh snap plans for someone to step in and care for my dog in the worst case event for myself and my wife...not exactly what I expected to be doing on the first day of spring and March madness weekend. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acowboys62 said:

It has been crazy here.  An entire family of 5 (young to old) all ended up in ICU with 1 unfortunately passing.  Local cop, younger than 40, brought an older suspected patient in, over 90....both now in ICU.  Flip side of that, multiple people are home riding it out.  Seems to be underlying issues and age do not help, but the truth is it is completely random as to who ends up serious vs mild. The scary part is apparently it can happen quick, you can be on day 5 of being sick with mild symptoms and then boom next day you need to be in the hospital on oxygen and you have to really hope there is a bed open.  Right now that is the big issues, all of these states that have been hit hard will run out. 

Has forced me to put together some oh snap plans for someone to step in and care for my dog in the worst case event for myself and my wife...not exactly what I expected to be doing on the first day of spring and March madness weekend. 

See I'm still wondering how many of these people were comprised to begin with. And not just with naturally weak immune symptoms but smokers and such in the like. I'm curious about the numbers. But I am wishing you the best of luck man you and your wife. 

43 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

See I'm still wondering how many of these people were comprised to begin with. And not just with naturally weak immune symptoms but smokers and such in the like. I'm curious about the numbers. But I am wishing you the best of luck man you and your wife. 

That is the question I always ask...if all 5 were smokers or had underlying conditions it changes the context completely.  I am one to enjoy a good cigar now and then, and a much different smoking process but things like this sure make me question that...then again when everything is normal in a few months-year from now, I am sure I will hop right back on that habit like many others.  Obviously it is hard to get accurate data, so many of these hospitals are getting crushed with just seeing patients, the last thing on their minds is getting accurate reporting out the door right now...I imagine once we are out of the "triage" phase which is hopefully in a few weeks, then we will see more accurate data.  Another thing it seems that may make it worse apparently is blood pressure medication.  So many older, otherwise healthy, individuals are on blood pressure meds and there have been talks that it makes the virus worse. 

They are testing a few of the drugs noted today that seem to have an impact at the local hospitals around here...should hopefully see in a week if it is false hope or a potential savior.  My wife did tell me tho that it is not that cut and dry, the malaria drug for example cannot be given to anyone with an underlying heart issue, so unlikely any of these would be cure all for alraedy sick people but still better than nothing. 

Appreciate the well wishes, likewise to you!

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I am suffering from news overload. I thought I could escape here. Then I started catching up with news earlier. Brady a buc. Witten a raider.

I feel like there is nowhere safe to just here non intense things.

Shhhhh just rest your head here. There are no bad thing's here on FF. You're safe here just relax, cool it, fall apart in our backyard. 

Here's a song to cheer you up. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

@WizardHawk

Just heard from my cousin who's a doctor. Supposedly the governor tomorrow is going to be shutting the state down. 

The railroad cannot shut down, so Union Pacific, today issued all of it's transportation workers in Iowa federal docs stating we are allowed to move freely due to work. So yeah, this is happening. I guess I'll be one of the few who gets to be let out of the cage.

My neighbor's son manages a local farm and supply store, they sold out all but a handful of their hand gun and 12 gauge ammo since early this morning. He said, it's apparently not a well kept secret, but lots of people going more nuts than they already were. Which is hard to believe.

Edited by WizardHawk