TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

• 2 weeks later...

There was a 90's probowl QB competition posted on Reddit. Something piqued my interest. The announcer discussed how terrible Troy Aikman and Steve Young were in that sort of competition. Not surprisingly, they lost to Brett Favre. 

Just thought it was curious. 

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

There was a 90's probowl QB competition posted on Reddit. Something piqued my interest. The announcer discussed how terrible Troy Aikman and Steve Young were in that sort of competition. Not surprisingly, they lost to Brett Favre. 

Just thought it was curious. 

That is probably the QB skill competition. It will air again on NFLN tonight.

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

That is probably the QB skill competition. It will air again on NFLN tonight.

It was. 

I just thought it was interesting because Dak gets knocked for being bad in those competition. Young and Aikman also were terrible. 

On 5/12/2019 at 8:28 AM, Matts4313 said:

It was. 

I just thought it was interesting because Dak gets knocked for being bad in those competition. Young and Aikman also were terrible. 

Those competitions are about as useless as the home run derby during the MLB all-star game. Or the slam dunk contest before the NBA all-star game. Eye candy activities that get the players just a little bit of money but are cash cows for the owners and orgs.

It helps if they are accurate in the games. If so, people won't put to much stock into a skills competition. If not, then it's viewed as supporting evidence against them.

Aikman and Young did well in the accuracy part. Favre beat them in the distance competition throwing a 75 yarder. If we were watching the same one.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

It helps if they are accurate in the games. If so, people won't put to much stock into a skills competition. If not, then it's viewed as supporting evidence against them.

Aikman and Young did well in the accuracy part. Favre beat them in the distance competition throwing a 75 yarder. If we were watching the same one.

Good thing Dak has had 68% comp in 2 of his years. Some of the best in the NFL. With a good YPA as well, he doesnt dink and dunk like Wentz/Brees. They lead the NFL in passes <5 yards.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Good thing Dak has had 68% comp in 2 of his years. Some of the best in the NFL. With a good YPA as well, he doesnt dink and dunk like Wentz/Brees. They lead the NFL in passes <5 yards.

? This isn't about Dak. This AINT Cowboys talk. Please don't Taint the Tact 

It's about a 1990s QB skills competition I thought. 

And crawfish

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

So my baby sister is off to college in the fall - what stunner would you recommend for her?

I read this as baby "sitter."

Which made me think two things.

First, I didn't know T_O7 had kids.

Second, she must be a damn good baby sitter if T_O7 is willing to use a stun gun to prevent her from leaving for college.  

• Like 1