TACT XIX: Totally Worth A 1st, Thanks Oakland!!

D82

On 8/20/2019 at 1:59 PM, resilient part 2 said:

Calling all hands, calling all hands.

I have been searching and googling for weeks to find a place to rent a cabin for my family and I, for a few weeks in December/Jan, on a mountain anywhere where there will be snow. It must be far and private. No roads or neighbors. Do not want a ski resort etc.. YET I need wifi/internet because I can't miss NFL football amongst other things.

I have searched places in the NW America/Alaska/Canada as well as Norway/Austria/Switzerland. (prefer to stay in this continent however)  

There seems to be too many choices that my head is spinning. So I ask,

Does anyone have any experience with something like this that can point me in the right direction??

Jasper, Alberta or Field, British Columbia.

I just recently moved out of the mountains but anytime I wanted to get away but yet still somewhat be in civilization, those were prime places.

• Like 1

On a side note, there are 2 professional Russian hockey players working out at my condos gym with their trainer. They play for the Washington Capitals.

I don't know their name but they are huge. Sean Lee size.as well as their American trainer.

I think I would rather take my chances getting hit by an NFL player on grass then those guys on ice. Can't imagine trying to skate against the whole team of guys like that wow. At least in the NFL you can duck and Hit the Floor quick. There's no hiding in hockey LOL

Edited by resilient part 2

On 8/23/2019 at 10:03 PM, D82 said:

Working my life away delivering mail, but can’t complain. Lost 35 pounds in 3 months. 

Good for you!  I need to lose in the neighbor hood of 15-25 soon, been super lazy with everything which is not good.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, acowboys62 said:

Good for you!  I need to lose in the neighbor hood of 15-25 soon, been super lazy with everything which is not good.  

It’s amazing how easy it is to pack on

19 hours ago, Ace5 said:

Its Oktoberfest season. And I am thrilled. What's everyone drinking these days?

Not drinking as much as I used to. Kept with the Leinenkuegel Summer Shandy during the last few months...haven’t tried any of the fall beers yet.

End of the month sucks so bad. We have to deliver those advertisements with coupons and junk and they have to go to every house on top of the mail and packages we normally would have. Makes for a long day.